^29

A few days before the trip:

"Oh hey Mark, what's up?" Areum waved at him and sat next to him on the swings. Mark sent her a brief smile before switching to his serious face.

"Areum..." He began, taking out a black box from his pocket, opening it to reveal the gem stone her mom gave to him. 

"What's...that?" She pointed to the glowing thing, sending over a curious het fearful look. "This is something meant for you." He paused, reaching out to grab her wrist, while enwrapping his arms around her neck to clip the gemstone againts the necklace she was wearing already.

"It was to save you in times of danger. So your health level won't be that bad and leaving you space to breathe and move a limb or two." Mark explained. She nodded, eyeing on the surprisingly pretty stone.

"Areum! Oh my gosh!" Mark threw his hands in the air. His boiling rage followed by the frustration in his blood, eyes going from brown to red nonstop. As much as he was annoyed enough, the demon in him made it worse. 

The other demon boys watched their friend from a corner. JB sighed, shaking his head at the sight of his dear leader friend breaking down. 

"He's been like that for days..." Jackson mumbled, rubbing his hands together. BamBam couldn't take the furious shouting of the leader eventually getting up and leaving the room.

Soon, one by one they followed out of the door, leaving Mark there alone. 

He fumbled threw the messy drawers, getting out any documents related to where his father have been over the past few days. He groaned, throwing the useless papers onto the floor harshly. 

Running his hand threw his damp hair full of salty liquids, gripping tightly onto the roots of it, in attempt to pull it out.

"Areum..." His tired self draining him out, sliding against the wall, head resting on it. "Please be safe.." 

Everyday after school, the Demons and Angels gather up to form tatics and different methods in order to track Evan Tuan down and most importantly, Areum

"Ugh, that's the end of today, please...try your best." Mark raised his fist to the air and left the room, trying to get some fresh air on the way out.

Everything has been failing for the past few days, by now their unsure if Areum is still alive or not. The stress has been getting to Mark lately, he has to balance both his life and love life.

"What?" His dark moody voice answered his sisters phone, stopping in his tracks. "Whoa, did you hit puberty at a old age or something?" She teased, but only she laughed. 

"Anyhoes, when are you thinking of coming home back to LA for thanksgiving?" He sighed before continuing. "What why?" 

There was silence on the other line for a while till the sister spoke again. "Is there..,something up? Why do you sound so stressed.?" She chuckled at the last part at the thought of her brother actually feeling stress.

She frowned at the lack of reply, "Ya! Aren't you gonna answer me?!" She scoffed. Mark only rolled his eyes as he continue to walk forward. "I'm a bit busy, I'll answer you later-" "Wait!" She shouted from the other side.

"Have you seen Dad?" The thought of his old man only enraged him further, ending the call in a flash. His teeth gritted and his fist clenched tightly almost until his knuckles turned white. 

He cursed under his breath, walking faster back to where the others were at to check of the status. 

"He has not found us yet boss." One spoke.

"Good, keep watching him and make sure he doesn't find us, that'll give us more time to get this jem off her."

"Yes boss." The lackey replied. 

I understand that I have not been updating frequently, but that's because I have many things going on in my life right now

I'd like if you guys be patient and support me in this platform where I can relieve my stress on instead of rushing me! Thank you~~