^10

"He's been like that all week, just plainly staring into blank space

"He's been like that all week, just plainly staring into blank space.." Jackson said in korean to Jaebum. 

"Bruh, why are you talking Korean in an international school- Mark speaks Korean too you know." Jaebum whispered back.

"Then why are you speaking in Korean then?" Jackson threatened back, his chin protruding out. Jaebum realised what he was doing, but just shook his head and moved somewhere away from Jackson. 

In another room, coincidentally next to the demon's, the other angels placed their ears next to the wall separating the two groups. "I don't think this is working." Youngjae sighed, scratching the back of his head while Yugyeom continued to try. 

"Hey- it ain't gonna work." Youngjae smacked the top of Yugyeom's head with his cap before putting it back onto his head.

"You might not hear it uncle, but I can. Their talking about someone...spacing out??" Youngjae rolled his eyes to his answers, which he guessed were assumptions.

"If you can't hear it either, stop coming out with excuses."

"But I can-" 

Yugeyom was cut off from the loud groan coming from the demon's. The angels, including Jinyoung exchanged glances before rushing to the wall and place their ears next to it. 

"How bout we start planning the mission..." 

"...we're waiting for you...Mark." 

"I...have something to confess..." 

"WHAT?!" 

Was the only things they could pick up from the other side. "What did he have to confess?" 

"I heard the same thing you did, he probably said it really softly." Jinyoung sighed. 

"Whatever, the bell's about to ring, let's get going." Youngjae suggested, swinging his backpack to the left side of the shoulder. "You coming Areum?" 

The three boys faced Areum who stayed silent the whole time, still seated on the beanbag with a can of finished milkiss. "Uh...Areum?" Yugyeom walked closer to her, waving and snapping his fingers in front of her. 

"Huh-? Oh we're leaving?" She said, quickly brushing off her skirt and getting her tote bag. 

"Yeah... what were you thinking about?" Jinyoung waited for her to finish packing up. "Nah it's nothing.." She said before exiting first. 

"If you say so- oomf-" Youngjae slightly bumped into Areum who just stood in front of the door, not facing them though. She was facing the demons who came out the same time they did. 

The two groups each exchanged glances, including Areum and Mark. They felt both their cheeks reddened up but they quickly looked away. 

"Well well, isn't it the angels..." Jackson dragged, scanning through everyone of them till his eyes landed on Areum. "Oh? It seems I haven't met you before, the name's Jacks-" Jinyoung casually stood in front of the two.

"Touch her, and you'll regret it." Jackson scoffed and took back his hand that was about to go for a handshake. "Alright dude, don't want to end up like your old man." 

Jinyoung could feel his blood boiling hotter when he mentioned his late father. And as he was about to confront the man, Areum quickly grabbed his arm, holding him back. 

"Let's go Jinyoung.." Her eyes still on him as Mark's eyes on her, but managed to keep the straight face of his. 

"Don't bother, let's go." Mark sighed, leaving the commotion first. Jackson, who was definitely not expecting to hear that from his own leader but followed anyways. The other demons glared at them before following behind. 

After school, the angels were just chilling at Areum's house

After school, the angels were just chilling at Areum's house. It was a bit hard to explain to her parents who she actually brought over but Jinyoung managed to convince them as "Projectmates" . 

Unlike most fathers, Areum's father was cool with it to having all boys in his house because he trust his daughter. 

"Don't do anything dirty." Areum's sister, Ara said in Korean with a smirk on her face. 

"Ya! I'm not as dirty as you am I? Plus, they can hear you!!" She whispered back to her sister who only shrugged. 

The four of them walked up the steps to her room who seemed very monotone in color, a bit unexpecting to Youngjae and Yugyeom who's first timers here. 

"Wow, I thought it was gonna be covered in pink-" Yugyeom quickly shut Youngjae off. "Rude." Yugyeom whispered. 

Youngjae mocked Yugyeom from behind before laying his eyes on Jinyoung who literally knows where everything is in this house. 

"So you must come a lot huh Jinyoung-ssi." Youngjae sent a smirk to him and Areum, only causing a sense of embarrassment in the two.

"YOW-"

"I'm... so sorry for him." Yugyeom quickly smacking and covering Youngjae's mouth before he says anything more. "I-It's fine! I'll go grab the drinks, you guys make yourself comfortable." Areum closed the door behind her before hearing loud laughter behind her which made her smile.

It was nice for actual friends to come to her house for the first time.

AH- Haven't been updating cause I've been busy streaming 90's Love and supporting NCT For all their comebacks.

Vote NCT at MAMA at 2020mama.com !!