^41

Mark was internally conflicted with himself as he tried to find white foxes to hire in order to train Areum's senses, but then again, they're a rare species

The sun rays were peeking through the curtains of his office room as it was another source of light other than the desk lamp on his table.

The monotonous room represented dark and serious auras coming from it as nothing stood out in that room.

The first-morning sun infiltrated the room as the clock hit seven. He had spent all night looking up every website that popped out about white foxes but to no avail. He was running out of ideas and time fast, if Areum doesn't learn how to activate her powers soon enough, it could overtake her and slowly leave her weak.

A small knock was heard from the door. Mark lifted his head from the hand that was supporting him and called out, "Come in!"

To his surprise, it was Areum. "What are you doing up and early sweetheart?" He said although she could sense he hasn't been sleeping by the sound of his voice.

She went over and gave him a big hug, leaving Mark grinding from ear to ear m. "What's this for?" He pulled her onto his lap so that now she was facing him up close.

"You've been so tired lately..I wanted to recharge and strengthen our soulmate bonds too. We haven't been activating them in a while." She mumbled into his chest, half asleep.

He couldn't help but smile at her overloading cuteness. "Aww, my baby..." He hummed as she continued to cling onto her like a koala, stroking her hair while she's at it. "Let's recharge a bit yeah?" He suggested, pulling her sleepy self away for a bit.

Both of them end up on his bed, cuddling close to one another to feel each other's soulmate warmth across them. "I love you," Mark whispered into her ear which made her squirm a little at the close proximity of his deep voice next to hers.

"Love you too ~" She replied as Mark leaned in and place a soft kiss onto her forehead. It was not long until both of them fell into a deep sleep.

After an hour or so, Mark slowly lifted up Areum's head and support it with a pillow in order not to wake her up. He then proceeded to his workspace to continue his unfished task. "Incoming call from Dad of hell, Satan. Pick up or hang up?" The intercom announced. "Pick up." He had no time to think as he was too busy focusing on the task at hand.

"Oh, Mark~ it's been 2 months overdue already, when are you going to bring that half-demon slut to me?" Evan, his Dad whined. Mark let out a heavy sigh, massaging his temple while sorting out the papers he had on his table. "Look, Dad, I'm sorry but I can't give her to you nor destroy her for you. She's my soulmate, long story short I turned her into a white fox." He spilled everything in one breath.

There was silence across the other line before his Dad spoke. "A white fox you say? That makes me want her even more. Just like your mother she'll leave you as she did to me, ditch her son, she'll only make you weaker."

Mark scoffed as he sleds out a cuss under his breath. "If you can't bring her to me, I'll have one of my men bring her for me. And lucky enough, he was there observing the whole time."

The last sentence got Mark's interest. Here all the time? That tells him that he is in his house at the moment. "Say hi to your good friend for me." Evan chuckled before hanging up, leaving Mark to widen his eyes.

He stormed out of the room and slammed the doors behind him, forgetting the fact that Areum was still fast asleep, well not anymore.

He traveled down the stairs and quickly searched throughout the house when he spots the rest of the guys including him hanging out in the kitchen.

"LEE FELIX!" He shouted as he lunged into a punch across his face. The boys were just as confused as Felix as to the sudden spark of fire in Mark's eyes.

"Hey...what's up bro-" Lix's words got cut off as Mark forcefully held him by the collar of his tee, bringing him inches away from his flaming eyes and gritted teeth, clenching his fist till his knuckles turned white.

"You-you're working for my Dad aren't you?!" He questioned sternly. "I-I don't know what you're talking about-" "ANSWER ME! Are you working for Satan?" He questioned again. Felix swallowed the huge lump in his throat and carefully nodded.

"I knew it." He said under his breath, wanting to give the guy another punch but Jackson had stopped him while Youngjae and JB dragged Felix back.

"What are you doing- he needs to get a taste of his own medicine!" Mark ran forward towards him again but this time the other guys did not allow it.

"I know you're mad at him Mark, but he had his reasons. We too also just found out, he confessed everything. Trust us when he says he doesn't want to do it anymore, but he has no choice." Jinyoung explained.

"You know you're Dad, he doesn't do anything for free," Yugyeom added. "Lies!" Mark breathed out. "They're telling the truth." A voice from behind the commotion took everyone's attention.

It was Areum. She was crossing her arms as she took a look at the faces of all the guys in the room. "Felix had told me a while back already..."

A month ago

"What did you want to talk about Lix?" Areum hummed. Felix hesitantly sat next to the girl, clearing his throat and phrasing whatever he wants to say in his head before speaking up.

"I'm so sorry Areum but actually...I was here to eliminate you. B-But trust me, now that I got to know you more, I realized you weren't that bad of a person. I came under Satan, father of Mark. N-No but Mark doesn't want anything to do with him believe me, both of us are only obeying him even though we don't want it."

"I mean no harm, I've been assigned to eliminate you but haven't, and yes I'm going to face harsh consequences but I'm tired of scaring away innocent people my whole life. My parents would be put in danger if I don't obey Satan but I don't know what to do anymore!"

Felix shoved his face into his palms, looking down and disappointed at the type of person he has become. He flinched as a pair of lost hands were on him, she tied to locate his hands which Felix guided them to his.

She let out a soft smile while softly holding his bigger hands, comforting him in the very moment. No words were needed as a warm silence was filled through the air of these two friends.

 No words were needed as a warm silence was filled through the air of these two friends

We love this friendship