^37

The loud and continuous ringing of the doorbell brought Areum out of her slumber, sluggishly dragging herself out of her bed whilst trying to find her way to the front door

The loud and continuous ringing of the doorbell brought Areum out of her slumber, sluggishly dragging herself out of her bed whilst trying to find her way to the front door. Finally, she rotated the doorknob as a bright stream of light flashed through her eyes.

"Um...hello?" She questioned quietly, rubbing her eyes from being half awake. "Areum!" The familiar yet cheerful voice managed to lift her spirits as she recalled who it was. "Felix?"

He broke into small giggles before agreeing. "Yep! It's your classmate Felix!" Even though she couldn't see him, she could tell he was putting on his usual bright smile. "Wow Felix, how'd you know I was here?"

"I asked our homeroom teacher since you weren't here for weeks! So she was glad enough to give me your address." He replied. Areum nodded, too tired to suspect or question anything further. "And what brings you here sunshine?" She teased, saying the nickname she used to call him all the time in school.

"Must there be a reason to check up on my best friend?" She chuckled as well as she stepped aside to let him in. Lucky enough, Felix assisted her in navigating her way into the living room to chat. "Are you feeling okay now?" His worried Aussie tone asked. She hummed in response, although most of the time her eyes are closed.

He sighed, running through his fingers through his brown brunette wavy hair. Just as they were getting more immersed in their conversation, the keys clicked through the door as it swung open, revealing the happily chattering boys walking into the living room, only to stop and look at the two.

"And you are...?" Jinyoung raised an eyebrow at the boy who sat on the couch. "Oh, Jinyoung you're back?" Areum jumped up from her seat. "This is Felix, my classmate, and best friend." She introduced to the boys, "And this is Jinyoung and his friends, he's my guardian angel!" She exclaimed to Felix.

"Well, nice to meet you guys!" Felix smiled, the rest nodded along, not wanting to let their guard down. "Anyways, it was nice catching up with you Areum! I'll have to get going now,-" "Part-time job." They said in unison, which let both of them giggles and smiles. "See you soon sunshine! Thanks so much for visiting!"

As the door closed, Areum was about to go back to her room when the boys stopped her. "Sunshine?" Mark said suspiciously. "Yeah...? Well, he's always full of cheerfulness and energy that's why I call him that." She trailed off, proceeding to return to her bedroom.

"Keep a lookout on that guy, he might be a danger to her," Mark whispered over his shoulders to the boys standing behind him.
"I don't know Mark...he seems kinda nice." Youngjae interfered, but before he could continue, Mark stormed out of the house.

Areum was listening to their conversation the whole time, slowly making her way and throwing herself onto the bed in utter exhaustion. She sighed to herself as she rests her hands on her head. "What is he so upset about..." She thought to herself.

Soon, Felix had come to her house almost every day now right after school. To at least teach her verbally what has been taught on the days she was absent, other times just to talk to his best friend. "No really! Mr. Johnson had finally proposed to Mrs. Amanda! I have it all on video, in case your eyesight gets better, I'll definitely show you."
"That's amazing Felix! You're so lucky you caught that!" Areum clapped her hands in excitement.

They both ended up laughing at each other, about small little things that managed to crack a smile on Areum's face, something she didn't know she could still do after all this disaster. "Hey, mind if I use the restroom for a bit?" Felix asked as the laughter began to die down. "Yeah sure, two lefts and a right down the hallway!" She instructed. He gave her a quick thanks and went on his way down the hallway.

She smiled to herself, feeling ever so lucky to have such a caring friend, something she didn't have before other than the boys. It was nice to hang out with somebody other than demons and angels, just one ordinary boy. She casually sipped on her hot cocoa and brownies Felix had made and no kidding, it was as good as the ones they sell outside.

Meanwhile, once Felix walked out of the bathroom, he was pushed against the wall with great force. Grunting a little at the sudden contact with his shoulder and the wall. "What do you want," Mark asked reluctantly.

Felix scoffed, brushing the dust off his shoulders and standing up straight once again. "I don't know what you're talking about-"

The words from his mouth got cut off with a huge slam of Mark's hands against the wall next to the both of them. "Don't come around bullshiting with me right now. Why are you so close to Areum, don't think I don't see what you're trying to do." He paused.

"Areum may be blind at the moment, but that doesn't give you the right to use her for whatever you're doing. Watch out." Mark warned before walking in the opposite direction of the living room.

"Yes, boss? Yes right away sir." Felix answered through the phone with a slight smirk creeping up his lips but quickly switched to his normal smile when walking out.