^8

"Hey what's with him?" One of Mark's devil friends Jackson asked BamBam who paid no attention to the Mark zoning out

"I don't know ask him yourself, can't you see I'm in a game?" BamBam brushed Jackson's arm off, annoyed. Jackson rolled his eyes before quietly observing Mark's strange behavior. "Hey, did something happen? Why'd you have a bandage?" Jackson pointed to the obvious bandage on his forehead but only silence was his reply.

The door to their little hangout place opened with a loud creaking sound. It was Jaebum walking in with his guitar in one hand while he slowly closed the door. Jackson quickly gestured for him to come and with his confused face on his face, he placed the guitar at one side and walked to Jackson.

"What's up?" Jaebum whispered, reading the quiet room that was usually like this. "Look." Jackson lifted his head as his eyes hit on Mark who's quietly in his own world. BamBam sighed and threw his phone lightly onto the table in front of him, "He's been like that all day, wonder what's up..." 

Jaebum nodded and slowly sat on the beanbag next to Mark's. "Yo Mark-ssi, Mark-ssi! Mark!" His last shout made everyone startled and brought Mark back to reality. "Y-Yeah what up?" Mark finally speaking to them as he glanced at the three.

"What's on your mind man? You've been quiet this whole time.." Jaebum took a chance to speak, looking at the boy with concern. 

"Nothing..." Mark sighed as he got up and grabbed a glass of water, gulping it down in a split second. As soon as he finished, he left the room without a word, slamming the door before him. 

"Something happened, let's go boys." Jaebum said taking the lead whenever Mark's gone. Everyone proceeded with his order, packing their things up and stealthily following the boy. 

Mark's POV

Why can't I think straight? Is it cause of her? Tch, like I care. I continued walking till I saw someone familiar in the corner of my eye. Oh it's her. She was talking to her supposing 'Guardian Angel', if he was a guardian angel why doesn't he know that soulmates exist? Angels are so clueless. 

I just leant beside a pillar while quietly eavesdropping on their conversation, up until I felt a vibration in my left pocket. 

"Talk to me." I answered in a cold harsh tone. "Is that the way you talk to your father?" The other line responded to which Mark only rolled his eyes. "Anyways, you and your demon friends have a new task to do."

"Again? Right after our last one? I didn't even have time to breathe-" 

"Cause you're weak! Get a grip of yourselves, so what they're a way higher level demons. You're my son, you should do better!" My father shouted through the phone and I retreated a bit from how much noise is going in. "Anyways do it." With that, he ended the call before I could even say anything. 

After another big sigh, I kept the phone and turned to see if they were still there. "Shit." I cursed under my breathe.

No one's POV

Demonic Group Chat

Mark:

 +Demonic Group: Hello, this is Bang Chan, head communicator of the Demon HQ. From our leader, Evan Tuan, we have assigned you a new task to do which includes all of you. The new task: This would be inclusive of the Angel group; Angelic. I am sure you are aware of them. Well head manager of Angelic, Park Jinyoung is the guardian angel of our main target here. Her name is Lee Areum, she is a special one as her parents is half angel and half demon, but she is human. Her father, Lee Mark is suspected to have told off our previous plans to his wife, Lee-hi, and we know that as an angel, she have reported it to the Angel HQ. Luckily we have come up with another plan to replace that but that family is unforgivable. In order to stop the cause of these problems that might occur once again in the future, your task now is to eliminate the girl; Lee Areum. Please inform me once again with the results. You have a month to complete this, thank you.+

Jaebum: Lee Areum? Why does that name sound so familiar?

Jackson: Hyung! It's the girl Jinyoung is always with!!

Jaebum: I know that stupid, he's her guardian angel, it's even stated in the letter.

BamBam: Oh that's a shame ;)

Jackson: When shall we start the task leader? @Mark

Mark went offline

Jaebum: Huh, funny. He'd always plan out in details right after the task comes out...

Jackson: I know right!

BamBam: @Jackson, you still owe me $20 bucks from wasting your money on a new guitar strap.

Jackson went offline

Jaebum: Ha! No surprise there!

BamBam went offline

Jaebum: Hey- Why'd you leave me TT

Jaebum went offline

Just saying, Evan Tuan is a fictitious name, I just made it up so it may not necessarily be Mark's actual father

Just saying, Evan Tuan is a fictitious name, I just made it up so it may not necessarily be Mark's actual father. Okay bye-