^16

[16 Years ago

[16 Years ago...]

"Let it go! It will only make it weaker!" The scream of his father shouted throughout the whole house,

"Honey...he just lost something important to him-" 

"Be quiet Ye Eun!" His mother's honey-sweet voice was cut with his father's furocious volume. "Now go throw that thing out the house! I don't even know why I allowed you to keep it. And stop crying! Men don't cry you weakling!!" 

Hurrying and stumbling down the stairs as young Mark carried the lifeless dalmation out the house. His sniffles getting louder as the tears never stopped. 

He walked down the quiet road, not knowing where we was even supposed to go. Stoping as he looked ahead to what seems to be a forest, covered in white suprisingly. 

It was the only park in the whole city where snow covered the leaves all-day long. Taking each step closer to the cold chilly park ahead of him. But the park wasn't the only thing snowing.

Further ahead from the park, it was completely white and bright. 'Angels Realm' was what read on the sign before entering but he spared no glance.

Only curiosity brought him closer and closer. The cold wind brushed past him as he stepped in, snowflakes everywhere. His hands started to shiver, still carrying the lifeless body but he seem to be more intrested in the sight in front of him.

Kids his age enjoying what seems like a playground, which he had never came across his whole life. The kids there seemed happy while the kids from his area were always tortured. 

Learning self-defence at a young age wasn't a piece of cake, especially for Mark. Not only, his father is practically the "King" of the Demons. 

His head was still spinning around as he took in the new sight. "Hi hi!" 

The small girl in front of him smiled brightly with her hands behind her back, leaning close and giving out her positive energy.

"Are you new here? You dress different too!" She smiled the whole time she was talking. He hesitantly nodded, he haven't talked to anyone outside his house before.

"What's that?-" Shd asked before her eyes widened and gasled at the same time. "What happened to it?" She said reaching out for the dog.

After a long debate whether to hand her the dog, he gave it to her. "It must be hard for you, don't worry! I know a place where it can rest peacefully!" She gave him reassuring smile before leading him away from the park.

"Here, rest in peace little-" She turned over to him with a confused look which he returned. "What's her name?" He was a bit taken back by her question.

Was it the fact that he didn't know it was a female all along or that he didn't thought of a name for it after all these years.

"U-Um it doesn't have a name..." He scuffed the snow below his shoes as he looked at the snow below him. "Hmm...let's name it...emerald?" 

He didn't spare time to give a reaction as he chuckled at her choice of name. "Why emerald?" She pouted when she saw his dislike to her choice.

"I don't know...I wanna name it after a gem." Now she pouted further. "Hm...how bout Ruby?" Her eyes looked as if it was sparkling as she heard the name. 

"Perfect!" She clapped her hands showing satisfaction before turning to the mini grave they made. "Rest in peace Ruby! Even though I got to know you today, I hope you live a peaceful life!" She exclaimed before brushing her hands againsts her clothing as she got up.

Her eyes met his but they didn't held it for long. "Go on!" She gestured for him to step forward. He nodded almost immediately and took quick steps to Ruby.

He knelt in front of her grave with his hands on his knees. "R-Ruby..." He could feel his eyes starting to well up as his hands trembled. But he stopped when he felt one hand lay on his while the other around his back, bringing him into a hug. 

"It's okway." 

It's been about weeks since the two started hanging out with each other

"Oh hey! Mark!" The girl waved over as Mark sneakily sat next to her. They both smiled at each other but he could sense something was different about her today.

"What did you want to tell me?" Mark asked. 

"Well you see..." She fiddled with her fingers a little before continuing. 

"I'm moving to a different neighbourhood." Her voice cracked and she can't help but let down her tears. 

"Hey, it's okay, stop crying okay?" Mark said while rubbing his palm against her back. "Well I guess it's a good time to bring this." He said when her sniffles became quieter.

"Jjang!" He held out two rose necklaces in front of her. "Wa! That's so pretty!!" She said as if she totally forgotten about moving. She took a closer look while Mark can't help but smile.

"Here I'll put it on for you!" She nodded and brushed her hair to one side of her shoulder. Mark could feel his heart beat faster than usual but didn't let that distract him. 

He carefully wrapped his hands around her upper body and brought it back to where he could connect the two ends.

"There!" He walked and kneeled on one knee to check the necklace. "Nng~~so pretty!" She looked up at him who was busy admiring the necklace he gave.

"Do you want me to help put yours on?" She said but didn't give him time to answer when she already swoop her hands around his neck. "T-Thanks." He stuttered as he could feel himself heat up.

"I'll miss you Mark!" She said as the sky got darker. "I'll miss you too." He whispered to her ear which tickeled before bringing her to a big tight hug. "You know after all these years, you're actually nicer than other demons." She whispered back which made him laugh.

"Bye Mark!" She gave him a quick peck on his cheeks before waving him goodbye. 'Bye...' He thought as she continue waving and smiling to him before her car finally set off.

' He thought as she continue waving and smiling to him before her car finally set off

A little flashback to Mark's childhood. And wow 1124 words, got a little carried away tee hee

Here's your early Christmas present! Requests are always open!