Concert 42/53

A/N

Hey guys! I missed you all! I'm still going strong with two shows going on and stuff though so I'll still be updating about once a week.

Anyway, this chapter is going to be a good one, so buckle up.

Enjoy!

Addie's POV

Ring, ring, ring. Ring, ring, ring.

I wake up to my phone blasting the annoyingly loud ring tone. I check the time before I answer it, and it's exactly 3:00 in the morning.

The caller ID is a blocked number, yet again, and I feel my heart drop. With shaky hands, I swipe to answer, and put the receiver to my ear.

"Hello?" I whisper, barely audible. I don't want to wake someone up.

"Guess whoooooo!" the screeching voice says a little too loudly for my liking. I yank the phone away from my ear until she's done.

"I don't know who because I don't know your name." I reply, still whispering. I go into the bathroom and close the door to muffle the sounds even more. Nobody needs to know about this. Well, all except for Luke because he was not going to let it go unless I told him what was bothering me yesterday.

"That's right! And you never will. Not until I show you what I'm going to do at tomorrow's concert. You have all of today, tonight's concert, and tonight to break up with Niall. If you don't, say goodbye to your life, Addalyn." she deviously states. I can hear the hate in her voice.

"Just tell me who you are." I say.

"Nope." she replies. I don't know who this could possibly be. I mean, she has an American accent, she sounds about our age, she's a fan, she wants Niall. I don't know anybody like that.

"But why me? Why Niall?" I ask, starting to lose hope.

"Because Niall is the guy I want. The only thing getting in the way is you. I know exactly how to get rid of you, too. Now break up with him, or face the consequences." she says.

"But-"

She hangs up. Now what am I gonna do?

I open the door to the bathroom and turn to walk back to my bunk, when I bump into someone. I jump back, not knowing who it is, until I almost fall to the ground. Whoever it is catches me, and pulls me back up.

"Careful, love." I hear the familiar Irish accent say. I smile and hug him, wrapping my arms around his neck. He hugs back and pulls away, keeping my hands in his.

"Why were you up? Who were you talking to?" he whispers.

"Nobody." I reply. I can just see his are-you-kidding face now...

"Come on, Addie. Tell me. I don't like that you don't think you can trust me."

"It's not that I don't trust you. It's just that I don't want you worrying, that's all." I reply. He squeezes my hands and lets go of them and placing one hand on my back, leading me to the lounge where we can sit.

"Please just tell me what's wrong. Maybe I can help you get through it." he says, putting a hand on my knee and rubbing circles on it.

"Alright, fine." I reluctantly agree. I tell him everything that has been happening with the calls and the 'or else' and the time I have left. I leave nothing out, including the relapse.

"Addie." he whispers when I mention the relapse. I don't think I was suppose to hear that, so I keep explaining.

"Let me see your phone." he says and I hand it to him. He unlocks it with the password and he goes to the phone app. He looks at the information of the blocked number, but nothing is helping him figure out who it is. So, he calls her back.