Concert 43/53

A/N

OMG ONLY 10 CHAPTERS LEFT!

I will be posting an epilogue and an author's note after also so when it's finished, don't delete it from your libraries just yet!

Anyway, enjoy!

Addie's POV

I feel my phone vibrate on my stomach, telling me it's 6:30 in the morning.

I set an alarm for today because I didn't want to keep Michael waiting in the arena. He told me 7:00, so I set it for 6:30 so I can get ready for the day.

Without waking anyone up, I hopped down from my bunk, went to my suitcase, and picked out something to wear. I took the first thing that was on the top of the pile and made sure it was clean, then went into the bathroom to get changed.

After that, I pulled my pink hair back into a ponytail and twisted it into a ballerina bun on the top of my head. Then, I applied some foundation to my skin and swiped on some mascara, and I was done. I checked the time and it was 6:55; perfect.

I slid on my black flip-flops and took my phone and ID with me. I ran out of the bus and unlocked the backstage door to the arena.

I climb the stairs onto the main stage and, sure enough, Michael is sitting on the edge of the stage.

I walk over to him and sit next to him without saying a word.

"Good morning." he says, softly.

"Morning." I reply with the same volume.

We sit there in silence for a good minute and a half before I can't take it anymore.

"What did you need to talk to me about?" I ask him and he turns his head slightly toward me.

He looks at me for a second until, in one swift movement, he faces his whole body toward me and takes my wrists in his hands. He pulls off my...or...Luke's bracelets and puts them next to me.

He looks at the red scars that mark every square inch of my wrists. They go up pretty far on my arms, too, but those are easier to hide.

"Addie?" he asks me. I look into his green eyes.

"Yes?" I reply.

"Why would you do this to yourself? I mean, it's only hate. You can ignore it." he says. Little does he know, I've done this before this tour was even thought of.

"I didn't only do this because of hate." I say. His eyes give me a sad look but he quickly catches himself and asks, "When else?"

"Many, many times. Before this tour, and before I met any of those guys, I was lost. I was just some girl that took up space. Nobody, except for Cassandra and Liam, understood me. They didn't even understand me correctly. I was always sad. I was mad at the world for not letting me fit in anywhere." I explain. He keeps my wrists in his hands and motions for me to keep going.

"I left so many scars on my wrists and I still give in sometimes. But Luke once told me that they're my battle scars. That statement stuck with me and it always will. I'm so happy to have met all of you. You guys made my life so much happier and I can't thank you enough."

I see a tear stream down his face and I catch it with my thumb.

"Please don't cry." I whisper as I feel my own tears well up in my eyes.

"Addie, you have to promise me you won't do this again. I already lost one sister and I can't lose another one. Please." he says, helplessly.

"I can't promise you anything. I already broke my promise to Luke and I don't need the pressure for another one. But I can say that I'm getting better. I'm looking for the good, not dwelling over the bad. Everyone is disliked for one reason or another. I just had to realize that I was disliked because people are jealous of me. So, no. I can't promise you, but I know that I'm getting better. If I need anything, I'll make sure to talk to you. I promise." I say and he nods.