Chapter 28: The Chamber's Secret

The group exited the manor, making sure they kept away any other patrolling guards excluding the ones in front of the manor they hid away from the passing public. Razor made a reminder to not put Hal into jeopardy telling Ace to not hastily visit Hal due to the many guards keeping tabs on him, even the slightest suspicion could lead to tighter control on his Manor. Today was simply a lucky day where all guards were allied to Hal.

"That went a bit better than I expected." 

"I suppose so, however, we know that the current situation is very complicated as of right now," Darklin explained.

"Well, it wasn't always going to be easy. There's only a tenth of people that sides with Hal's nativity" Razor joined in the conversation.

"Yet I find it surprising that you're one of them." Ace commented.

"What can I say? I just want to live a simple life, and I can't live that sort of dream in this shit hole of a kingdom." Razor held out a carefree gesture.

"I've heard you say that same line too many times from the very beginning." Elora rolled her eyes.

"You're doing a lot to achieve that. " Ace commented.

"I did tell you haven't I?" Razor replied. He reflected on his old memories and then immediately turned to the two with him.

"Of course. You have your reasons after all." Ace's eyes followed Elora. The moment she noticed she smiled beginning to nudge Razor's shoulder.

"*Sigh* That's one of them at least... come on, enough about me. We better focus on our task at hand. Hal paid in advanced for this investigation so I have to see it through. That being said... are you actually joining us?" 

"For the time being. I'm rather interested in what's going on."  Ace replied.

Razor pulled out the map with Ace peeking from a distance leaning against the wall. Elora peeked her head over Razor's shoulder and recognised the area.

"Huh... that's where..." Her voice began to shiver.

"I know..." Razor knowing what the area was to Elora, didn't pester about the location they were headed towards.

Ace who was watching the two from a small distance was curious what secrets may be hiding in the chamber. He turned his head to Darklin and made eye contact with him. The moment their eyes met Darklin knew that Ace was going to communicate to him.

'So, knowing the wise dragon you are, you have any idea on what they're doing in these chambers?' Ace asked.

'With the context given, I believe Hal said they used the slaves as sacrifices are they not? The same thing Vumor has done.

'Was Vumour any successful?'

'In a way. If you want to call the Fallen successful. But things can happen. The Fallen are one thing but the gods have theorised that they may be able to bring back the dead. According to my knowledge, Vumor was actually left out of this discussion and so he brought death to the gods and was very close to destroying this world with his failed products. The consequences of messing with the dead are risky."

'I see... so whatever we're checking we'll see if Regis has made his own version?'

'Given the context. I am also intrigued by the chambers since you believe that this Regis may be an obstacle in our path. If he is mirroring Vumor. He may be making the situation worst by the time Vumor comes in.'

'He killed the previous Heroes, more the reason to know that he'll probably do the same with the ones that came here with me.'

As Ace was focused on his telepathic conversation with Darklin Razor narrowed his eyes towards him wondering why he was simply staring into the distance. The moment Ace realised that Razor has been calling for him for the last minute he paid attention to Razor.