Chapter 59: Their Final Spar

Razor was waiting as he looked up to the sky on the purple fields. It was hard to see such a silhouette from a distance, but for Ace, it was as clear as day. Ace modified his armour back to its original appearance and donned his usual black helmet. The only thing he couldn't equip was the retractable shield on his left arm, resulting in just a leather sleeve to wear.

Razor turned around, equipped in the same outfit Ace first saw back in the Kingdom. This time he wore an armoured mask and a cloak. Ace will be fighting Razor with his bladed gauntlets for the first time. They were blades that stood out from the outer area of his arms. Much like Ace, he had various throwing knives hidden around his body. 

Still, he wasn't sure how serious Razor would be going.

"Razor, this seems excessive." Ace spoke out.

"Not really, you've survived Fallen attacks before. But since I'm the one that trained you, I know you can go even a further level."

Yuni, Darklin and Elora came by to watch from a distance. 

"...If I may be frank, Ace would win by cindering Razor to ashes. What does Ace gain since he's already strong enough?" Darklin commented.

"Darklin is right, Razor. Do you have such a reason?" Yuni asked.

"I'm giving him one final lesson, so Ace. Pay close attention." Razor says, pointing at Ace with a dagger in hand.

"Elora, they're not going to fight to the death, are they?" Yuni asked.

"...Hopefully not." Elora gave a hesitant answer.

"We've sparred numerous times, you know the deal." Razor said to Ace.

Ace nodded, keeping his distance from Razor until they were just a few metres away. They summoned their weapons and immediately took a stance glaring at each other.

"No flames allowed got it?" Razor quickly reminded him.

"I won't stoop that low." Ace replied.

"Hmph, let's see what you're capable of." 

After their small exchange, they continued to stare at each other, wondering who would make the first move.

[Utility Art: Quick Step]

Both of them activated the same Art, immediately closing the distance to a head to head fight. Ace was faster, travelling the most space to reach Razor in close combat. 

Ace's blows were heavy and robust, capable of slowly numbing Razor's hands as he parried each blow. Razor changed the angle of his attacks during the moment using a [Rising Edge] art going upwards in the middle of their flurry.

"Tch..." 

Ace had narrowly dodged the attack by twisting his head. Retaliating, he changed his left grip on his weapon, thrusting his shortsword towards Razor's shoulder. 

However, he avoided the attack and utilised the blades from the side of his gauntlet, flinging Ace's left weapon. This didn't stop Ace. He grabbed a throwing knife hidden within his armour as his second weapon. He retaliated with a quick swing until Razor's body looked as if it had split into two. One shadowy silhouette and the other, the actual body. 

What the?!

Being confused, Ace immediately struck down the shadow using a [Quick Strike] and flung Razor metres away with a single swing of his sword. As Razor was airborne, he twisted his body in the air and successfully landed on his feet. After striking a mighty blow, Ace realised that Razor had actually jumped to spread the force of the impact throughout his entire body.