Chapter 11: Skirmish

"RAAAAARRRGHHHH!!!!"

The minotaur swung its axe aiming for both Alan and Glenn to be out of the action but was intercepted by Alan's shield blocking the attack with ease.

"Don't worry about this one! Aim for the werewolves. Dave and I will handle this!" Ancel shouted.

Alan and Glenn felt relief as they braced for the worst. Alan's legs were shaking while Glenn fell to the ground in fear leaving him vulnerable for a few seconds. This allowed the werewolves to leap onto Glenn but once again he was saved by Freya who shot down the incoming monsters with ease.

"Stand up! You're supposed to stand bravely out there!" Freya shouted.

"R-right!" Glenn picked himself up. "I'll cover this side, Alan!" 

"Then leave the left side to me," Alan replied.

From left to right Ace threw whatever throwing knife he had towards the enemy, he only had at least 4 left in his pocket leaving them for a vital moment for the minotaur. He switched to his main weaponry, covering the middle area with Aria's support.

"[Wind Slicer!]" Just before Ace was going to slice down another enemy, he knew a monster was right behind him. He took out the monster he had his eyes on first and just before he transitioned for a counterattack the werewolf behind him was taken down by Aria's spell.

"Thanks. But you should watch your back as well." Ace threw one of his throwing knives directly to a werewolf that was close to leaping onto Aria. It gave enough time for someone else to finish it off for them.

"S-sorry...!" 

"Save them for after." 

Onto the fight against the minotaur, Ancel took hits with his shield being an unwavering force for the minotaur to know that he's a threat. Dave took his chance and chanted a spell.

"[Holy Bind!]" Light elemental ropes appeared before the Minotaurs legs binding them together to cause the giant monster to lose his balance missing his swing landing a devastating attack on the ground. 

'Now's my chance!' Ancel found the opportunity to thrust his sword onto the Minotaurs chest causing it to scream in pain but at the same time grabbed his sword picking him up and throwing him across the forest like a baseball. The momentum of Ancel's body flying eventually stopped after breaking through two trees. After taking so much damage himself he still picked himself up but needed time to return to the front.

The minotaur looked at the mages in anger knowing it has a chance to disrupt the class's momentum. It swung its axe with greater strength against Dave successfully pushing him back and was about to make a throwing motion with its weapon. Ace took it upon himself to cover for Ancel's and Dave's spot in drawing in its attention, throwing the last of his throwing knives landing them onto one of the Minotaurs eyes, with the axe dropping to the ground trying to cover the pain of losing its eye.

Ace dashed landing multiple stabs onto the Minotaurs lower chest but it wasn't enough as the Minotaur began to slam the floor with all its strength causing a shockwave that shook the area with the heroes and monsters standing to lose their balance. Ace's body was flung a few metres back but regained back his momentum aiming for another attack.

[Offensive Art: Dashing Edge: Two Fold] Ace dashed twice, attacking from left to right in an instant trying to cut the tendons of the minotaur's legs but his attacks were too shallow lacking the strength to do a clean cut. Knowing his attempt failed he jumped back noticing that both Dave and Ancel are back in the action. 

"ACE LOOK OUT!" Aria shouted. She went to Ace's side but noticed that several werewolves were about to take advantage of Ace's positioning holding them off.