Chapter 4: A Spar Between The Two

Two days have passed since Ace has temporarily stopped his training to rest. Still, today is when Ace finally resumes his training with Razor. 

When Ace came to the dining area for breakfast, only a quarter of his class was eating while the rest were already gone off early to train. 

"Good morning Ace, You alright now?" Alan asked.

"Yeah, I feel stronger." He replied. 

"Haha, what kind of reply is that? Rest is important to become strong you know?"

Ace rested his body the past two days. He looked more defined than before. In fact, everyone underwent some small transformation looking a bit more physically built than the last time he saw them.

Soon after, he grabbed a plate and picked up whatever he desired for breakfast. He sat next to Alan and dived into his meal.

"Wow very surprising to see you here. A dreamy sight to look at for the morning." Hilda said in a flirtatious tone.

Hilda is one of the popular girls in their school. She's kind to everyone and would often playfully compliment someone in any way. Hilda always had a gag to flirt with Ace to get some sort of emotion from him, but so far, she won't get a new expression from him today. 

Ace, who kept eating, wasn't fazed at the compliment.

"...Glad to see that you're doing fine."

 "I'm just... trying to keep myself together. All the guys are trying their hardest, and I have to do my part like everyone else. Even Aria, someone I didn't expect volunteered to be a front liner..." 

"My bad. I forgot you can worry too."

Ace noticed that even Hilda wasn't her usual self. The fact that everyone is forced into such a war affects everyone's attitude to the current situation.

"Hey! I'm not oblivious to the situation!" Hilda replied.

"Technically, her class is positioned in the middle alongside Bryce since you're a templar, right Bryce?" Alan focused his attention on Bryce, one of Alan's friends sitting beside him.

"But her class is more for offence compared to mine since mine was made for defence. That's why she should be at the front and me at the back protecting the backline." Bryce answered Alan.

Templars are a defensive class that uses a polearm and a shield. Bryce tried his luck if he could be one as Alan and some others were rejected by his trainer. This class uses a variety of barrier-type spells and status buffing. Like the Spell Warrior, the templar has its long-ranged spells. Still, thanks to their defensive capability, they are best suited at the back to protect against melee enemies that sneak past the front aiming for the most vulnerable.

"Aren't you concerned that Aria is at the front Ace...? A girl like her shouldn't be fighting with you guys." Hilda said.

Ace still held the same nonchalant expression. Everyone knows that Aria clings to Ace but is unsure if Ace will do anything about her feelings, knowing full well that Ace treats her differently from the other girls.

"Says you. You're also a frontliner." Ace fired.

"My stats were all strength no magic! Like I had any choice." She replied.

Hilda's class is a Valkryie. Back in their original world, Hilda was already in a good physique which allowed her to have higher strength stats than all girls. Wanting to even the jobs taken, she took on a close-ranged role.

"Good morning... what were you guys talking about?" Aria walked into the dining room, surprising the four people sitting in the room.

"Hilda was just worried that you're a front liner." Ace answered.