Chapter 6: Last Day Of Training

It was only a few more days until the class can finally train in real combat within the dungeon. It is one of the Sacred Dungeons in the land of Alterea and is scattered across the world. These dungeons hold many different relics and treasures adventurers risk their lives for varying from useful items and weaponry.

However, some of the dungeons limit the exploration for these adventurers as they'll reach an eventual section that is blocked off by a special barrier. One that can only be opened when summoned Heroes are within the vicinity. 

The dungeons hold many enemies to stop its invaders from harnessing its relics from the living to the non-living. This makes it an excellent training ground for Heroes to fight in as a way to both gain levels and to potentially find various items that will aid them in their war.

On their last training day, Ace and Razor fought against each other once more in a spar. Ace has improved greatly throughout the month but is still no match for Razor in an actual fight.

"This will be the last spar so let's make the most of it shall we?" 

Razor took a stance gripping the wooden dagger tightly observing Ace's approach on how he will attack.

Ace stepped back taking a stance waiting whether or not he should make a move against the defensive trainer. Razor hasn't been holding back ever since Ace's improvement taking this spar seriously as a way to both improve Ace's and his own experience in fighting.

"Bring it." Ace said coldly. 

He took on a defensive stance deciding whether or not he should begin the first move noticing that Razor is waiting on his very movements. They both circled each other waiting for either one to attack.

"If you're not gonna attack. Then I might as well attack first!" 

Razor charged in attempting to aim for the vital points of Ace's body. Although they are using wooden weaponry Razor wants to ensure that he's giving the real-life experience of being in a life or death situation approaching as if he wants to kill him for Ace to get the most out of this training session.

Thud Thud Thud!

The sounds of the wood clash towards each other with both sides giving in all they've got to try to be on the offensive. Razor lashing out quick thrusts and Ace parrying each blow. 

[Utility Art: Overdrive]

Both of them activated their utility art increasing their attack rate trying to break each other's guard. Razor took his chance winding up a devastating windmill kick amid his assault but Ace saw it coming blocking the kick with both of his arms.

'TCH!!!! He's still holding back and still beating me at this level.' 

Ace started to struggle to notice that his guard was slowly breaking if he kept being on the defensive deciding to change his approach to Razor's assault. 

[Offensive Art: Quick Strike] 

Ace copied Aria's art the same one she used on him when they first duelled aiming towards Razor's chest but he wasn't going to land it so easily. Razor stepped back barely dodging the thrust from the wooden dagger. He grabbed Ace's arm within the moment he leaned back throwing one of his daggers into the air attempting to pull Ace towards him for a vital blow to his training gear.

The moment Ace was pulled in he pulled off a roundhouse kick onto Razor who blocked it with his arm, letting go of Ace at that moment quickly pulling back into a safe distance. The dagger that was in the air eventually dropped to the ground as soon as they both distanced themselves away from each other.