Chapter 19: The Golem

An unknown amount of days went by as Ace's time in the Dungeon continued. As usual, he would eat off the monsters he has slain and drink from random fountains and springs he'd come across. Nevertheless, he was successful in acquiring some of the relics in the Dungeon, a set of dark leather armour with defensive platings, a teleportation crystal, various jewellery increasing certain stats and a new sword replacing the greatsword he took from the minotaur. 

"Darklin blast them now!" 

Currently both Ace and Darklin are fighting one of the defensive mechanisms of this dungeon. The moment Ace finally made it to floor 75 he is greeted by several elemental cubes all firing their perspective elemental blasts towards the two.

Darklin found an opportunity to follow Ace's command breathing out his dark flames onto the blue cube, however, this was intercepted by its allies absorbing the flames and redirecting onto Ace. Although the flames merely did nothing to Ace thanks to his Dragonblood abilities. 

In amidst the flames, Ace threw his sword towards one of the cubes successfully taking one down. He ran towards the fallen cube to retrieve his weapon, however, the cubes stood in his way.

With no weapon he relied on his magic, using his affinity for Dark magic. He formed a dark spear and threw it taking another cube down.

"Dark Nova!" Darklin charged enough magic to end the fight once and for all, firing a dark beam to every cube in the vicinity. 

"Couldn't you have done that earlier?" Ace asked.

"It takes time to charge up that spell, if I was in my prime it would be instant." 

"And if you gain enough levels will you be in your prime?"

"It will take a very long time to do so. I used everything to repair your body."

"Sorry I'll stop complaining."

Ace went up to a nearby cube and inspected it. They felt the mana in the Dungeon slowly flowing into the strange mechanism knowing that it will someday repair itself to fight any new intruders.

All the cubes were guarding a hallway that leads to a giant door. Ace knew what this meant when he counted the floors he'd cleared. The other day he went past floor 70 with an option to potentially return to the surface. However, he still decided to finish the dungeon in hopes to reap its final rewards.

"Floor 75... I heard from my trainer this was where the previous Heroes before me died." 

Ace walked across the hallway with Darklin on his shoulder.

"Would it be wise to progress further?" Darklin asked.

"... It took a very long time to get to this floor. We'll waste too much time going back now. Besides we're close to the end. We have to see it through."

"What do you know about this floor anyway?"

"By their information, a door should be at the end of this hallway. It only opens if there's a Hero in the vicinity. Behind it, is a giant golem that took down the entire Hero party. It may sound like an exaggeration but there's only one way to find out.

"I can only see two outcomes. We live or die, Ace is this really wise?"

"If the King escaped death then we can too. Let's go in."

"If this is your decision I will follow it." 

Before them is a giant door with a magic symbol on it. The symbol began to glow the moment Ace was near the vicinity, slowly opening itself to a giant room with a kneeling golem at the very centre. The golem itself was around 5 metres, made out of various metals that would deem difficult to penetrate through.