Chapter 12: Mysterious Enemy

The ghouls charged towards the class moving in feral like. Despite not having proper limbs their movements were unpredictable as they began to attack like savages. They had claws emitting dark energy if someone were to get hit by such an attack it would be trouble but thanks to their experience in fighting the werewolves the class was much more accustomed to such attacks keeping their distance and attacking when they're in a vulnerable stance the only downside to these enemies is their toughness being much more resistant to attacks.

On Ancel and Dave's side, they're both struggling to keep the armoured figure from getting towards the class. Clash after clash between their blades even with two people on one enemy the mysterious enemy still had the upper hand using both its sword and shield to go on the offensive with both the Paladins trying their best to defend. 

[Offensive Art: Holy Blade!] Ancel managed to use one of his offensive Arts imbuing his sword with holy magic dealing an overhead strike towards the enemy but it was useless, the enemy simply blocked the attack like it was nothing shoving Ancel back with its shield. 

'It's strong...! What kind of enemy is this?!'  Though Ancel had no time to wonder, with him out of the way Dave was on his own trying to keep the enemy on the group. 

"Tch...!" 

Dave ended being pushed back taking a stab from the figure as it tried to make its way to the Hero group. 

"Not... letting you...! [Holy Bind]!" When he had the chance he chanted his spell after a few seconds he bound the figure together with magical chains.

"Ancel now...!" 

Ancel charged in delivering another [Holy Strike] but as soon as he was about to get close, the figure unleashed a dark shockwave pushing Ancel and Dave back almost pushing them out of the bridge knocking them out temporarily.

"Ancel and Dave...! T-they're...!" Glenn began to panic. The shockwave carried their bodies so fast that parts of their armour broke once they hit the wall. Dave's back was the body part that caught the blow causing a spinal injury. While Ancel's helmet luckily protected him but caused him to be unconscious likewise.

The class was already done with the ghouls by then but they have to face another problem at hand. The armoured figure slowly approached the group everyone went into their defensive stances while others prepared to chant their spells.

"TARGET....!" The dark figure screamed glaring at Ace as it was about to begin its attack.  

"It's coming...!" Alan shouted. "Fire your spells now...!" 

Everyone followed Alan's instructions firing a barrage of spells in their arsenal but they can still notice the figure's glowing eyes as it approached even closer. 

'That looked like a similar version of [Holy Guard]' Alan thought, understanding why no spell was able to breakthrough as the enemy summoned a dark barrier around itself right before the projectiles landed.

Freya charged one of her Ranged Arts, gathering all the inner power she had until bow and arrow started to shine a bright orange. 

'[Ranged Art: Magnum Shot!]' 

Freya fired a powerful projectile where no one can keep their eyes on the arrow flying. It was so fast that in just a second the figure's guard was broken through recoiling both Freya and the enemy back. 

"Attack it now!" She shouted trying to get her balance back.

"ACE....! ACE....! DIE...!" 

'It called out my name...?! It is targeting me!'