Chapter 30: Saving Her

Ace continued to walk along with the crowd exposing himself to the inside of the Creles Kingdom. He watched from how some of the people within the crowd felt lifeless as if they weren't looking forward to anything. 

There would be occasional knights promoting a campaign for more men to join the military with the aims to strengthen the Kingdom's defences. There was a clear difference of devotion from the Knights to those who aren't in favour of Regis' rule. Ace confirmed that a quarter of the people did not look satisfied with their lives within the kingdom.

Sick of following the many crowds, Ace found himself in an empty alleyway where there was no one walking across this dark area. There were no lights lit up as the area was accompanied by pure darkness to hide both Ace and Darklin from the public. 

Currently, they were discussing their plans for their next move.

"In 2 days we'll make our preparations and leave this place. But the closest dungeon is..." 

Ace said while taking out the enchanted map he took from Artes' dungeon. He looked for the closest dungeon he can travel to by foot. The closest one was presumed to be almost two weeks on foot.

"Quite the trip. Unfortunately, this would be much easier if I had enough levels to transform." Darklin said.

"Let me know when you're capable as such so I can ditch our chances of getting a horse."

"If we are leaving so soon, what will you do of Hal's schemes? He will be most beneficial to you the moment he becomes king."

"It'll have to wait. I'll talk to him before leaving if he has anything we can do. Besides we can easily return with this."

Ace took out a magic stone he looted from the Sacred Dungeon coining it the teleportation crystal. With Ace's skills, he appraised the item and understood its functions. It has the ability to travel a small group of people to a visited location but at a cost, it requires half the user's mana whilst having a day-long cooldown to use again.

"I see and we can simply return back and forth if need be." 

"Yeah but I doubt Hal can think of anything to build his way to his grand scheme of taking over. If things go well I can get enough masterworks and blessings from the dungeons to hopefully help Hal single-handedly.

"How long would that take?" Darklin asked.

Ace took a sigh. Not knowing how to answer that. He stood up and responded with an honest answer.

"I don't know. Like Hal said our best bet is using the people that came in here with me and team up against Regis. But they're out fighting a war with a kingdom by the border." 

"Wouldn't you be worried? Your friends could die."

"I doubt it... as foolish as it sounds. I believe they won't. Maybe it's just intuition but if they were my friends, they'll make sure not to repeat my 'so-called death.'"

Despite not remembering the people who came with him. Ace knew himself that he made self-sacrifice to take down the Fallen with him. If they were cherished people then Ace knows that they'll emerge stronger after his disappearance no matter the negative feelings they faced after his fall.

"Hmph. If you say so. For now, let's do what you have planned and-"

"ARGH...! That fucking hurt...!" 

Both of them heard a man's voice coming from the right side of the alleyway. 

"Huh...?" 

Hearing the commotion Ace stood up looking towards the direction where the voice came from. Suddenly a woman appeared out of the darkness running desperately away. When Ace saw who she was running from a whip emerged out from the darkness.