Chapter 49: His Development

For the past few floors, the progression in the dungeon has been going smoothly for Ace's group. They had no issues with every floor they've cleared as every unexpected challenge was a walk in the park for them. Sometimes it only took just either Ace or Yuni to handle the entire floor by themselves. It seemed that this entire dungeon was designed for training heroes as Yuni had noted previously. Nevertheless, Ace and Yuni's combined strength seemed to overwhelm every challenge.

Currently Ace and his party are now on floor 45 a second resting point within the dungeon. Like the previous resting point, it holds the same greenery and springs alongside an abundance of fruit trees and bushes. 

Since it has been a long time for Ace to check his status. He decided to have a quick look at his current level of stats, evaluating his current strength. Upon inspection, he imagined himself fighting the Fallen Luna in his current state, playing flashbacks of the fight continuing to immerse in his thoughts.

Ace Lancaster
Human Male (Dragon Blood)
Age: 17
Job(s): Rogue, Dragon Knight, Magic Craftsmen,
Title(s): (None)
Status Level: 68
Strength: 7200[+500]
Vitality: 6500 [+500]
Magic: 6200 [+500]
Magic Resistance: 6500 [+500]
Agility: 7450 [+500]

Additional Stats From [Bonding Ring] [+500] to all stats.

Even now I think I'll still lose and Luna was only holding herself back. Until now, she's still the strongest person I've faced in this world and yet Regis can kill her. If it's just Darklin and me right now we'd still lose...

He pulled out the photo from her photobook. The two-shot of him and Luna. When he looked at Luna, he reminisced of his fond memories replaying every moment he shared of her. His eyes became void of life blankly staring at the photo. 

Ah, what's the point. Even if I survive, what else do I have to look forward to?

"Ace...?"

A feminine voice called out to him. It was a voice that he didn't recognise yet for some reason it was comforting to his ears. 

"Who's voice is that again...?" Ace quietly muttered.

"Ace?" 

"...Huh?" He slowly turned his head to his right side with emptiness in his eyes.

"Come on you're staring into space." Two voices spoke out in unison. The same unknown voice from before and the other from a familiar person.

As he looked beside him the first thing he noticed was a stand of silver hair closing into his personal space. Looking up he noticed it was Yuni slowly leaning in with Darklin on her shoulder. Once again Ace focused on the photo in hand.

"...Ace has always done this back in the first dungeon." Darklin pointed out.

"Really now?" Yuni turned her attention towards Darklin.

"I will leave him to you." 

"Wait a minute Darklin!-" Yuni held out her hand only to receive a gust of wind from the flap of Darklin's tiny wings "...He left." 

With the two of them alone. Yuni sat down right beside him but Ace continued to be quiet. Yuni noticed the photograph in hand, being the first time she has ever seen such a realistic image. She turned over to Ace, noticing it was the first time Yuni has seen him in such a state. The moment she noticed the second person in the photo she pieced everything together. 

"Is that... the person dear to you?" Yuni asked.

Ace snapped back to the current situation staring at Yuni before looking back to the photo.