Chapter 45: Confrontation

The dark armoured Fallen took a stance. Its hands shook as it held its revolvers once it met its eyes with Aria. Immediately it switched weapons to a spear and activated its shield holding it high mimicking the stance of a Creles Paladin.

"[Utilty Art: Scarlet Step]!" Olivia dashed forward leaving an illusion of flames in her movement. She delivered the first attack towards the Fallen aiming for a decisive blow. 

The Fallen blocked her attack with its shield then counter-attacked with a thrust aiming for her head. Olivia dodged the attack with ease, the Fallen changed its stance twirling its spear to gather momentum. 

'That's... similar to my style? No, it's more of Aria's but it's slighty different.' Olivia watched the attack unfold preparing to guard. 

The Fallen delivered an overhead strike to which Olivia parried pushing the Fallen back. 

With Olivia taking the Fallen's attention it forgot about the others. Freya charged her bow to the point that her arrow began to glow with the mana imbued. Her eyes shined ready to use her new attack. 

"[Unique Art: Piercing Stars] Try to dodge this!" 

Freya unleashed an arrow into the skies. It shined brightly until it began to burst into multiple particles all aimed at one target. The particles took shape into multiple arrows beginning to make chase towards the Fallen. 

The Fallen watched the attack unfold beginning to make evasive maneuvers. It covered metres away instantaneously letting some of the homing arrows hit the Fallen's after image before turning to make a counter-attack. It held its arm out activated a wristbow unleashing the same attack. 

"What?! That's the same attack!" Glenn exclaimed.

"Everyone guard it now!" Freya shouted.

Everyone followed Freya's instructions activating whatever barrier or defensive art they held in their arsenal. Glenn managed to protect everyone in time whilst Vella covered for Hilda and herself as they were in the range of the attack.

'Is it possible that this Fallen can copy our moves? The way it fights with a spear, I can tell that it's a modified version of my style.' 

Aria watched closely on the enemy how it approached Olivia's attacks the moment she found an opening to join in she took it. The moment Aria stepped in the Fallen directed its attacks towards her. Olivia wasn't going to stand idly letting Aria take on the exchange, both of them worked together trying to find an opening. 

'Even with me and Olivia we still can't take it on?'

In a split second, the Fallen noticed an opening. It parried Aria's attack holding the spear with one hand, summoning its revolver. Olivia's stomach was wide open with just a split second to pull the trigger. 

With miraculous timing, Freya shot the Fallen's arm causing it to lose grip on its revolver dropping it to the ground. Caspar who was waiting for a moment to jump in quickly grabbed the firearm. His hands began to shake as it was his first time using such a weapon, firing his first-ever shot with a gun. 

VUL!

The gunshot managed to hit the Fallen above its chest stopping it from attacking Aria. It gave a big opening for Aria and Olivia to attack. 

"Nice shot Caspar!" Ryu exclaimed.

With just moments of victory, the Fallen instantly dashed sideways. Its body emitted a shadowy substance switching its weapon to blood orange claymore with dimensions around 1.5 metres long and 32 centimetres wide.