Chapter 38: Another Dungeon (Edited)

Ace and his group stood in front of the Sacred Dungeon outside of the destroyed Inera Kingdom. The entrance was rather small compared to the first dungeon Ace had ventured in, but the door to enter was utterly shut off. He was near the vicinity, where immediately the door reacted to a magic symbol on Ace's hand just like before.

The group stepped inside only to be welcomed by a hallway lit up by their presence. As they progress, magic crystals light up as they go further. Both Ace and Darklin went on guard activated their sight to see any potential enemies in the distance. At a glance, there was no enemy in sight.

"Let's head in deeper." Ace said as he took the lead.

Yuni followed in from behind. She found herself staring at the walls noticing the varying artworks that continued to the back of the hallway. Carvings of seven coloured dragons were shown, standing in front of a group of people; they seemed to be conversing with one another until the artwork transitioned to a new event after a few steps.

The next art featured the dragons and the group of people working together with armies behind them, confronting a dark silhouette with a ball of energy in his hand. Ace found himself quietly staring at the artworks alongside Yuni.

"You're asking a lot from me if this is the kind of manpower we need for Vumor." Ace commented.

"I believe this is why you will be helping Yuni soon after." Darklin fired back.

Ace turned around to Yuni who smiled back at him. He held his hand to the back of his head fiddling with the back of his helmet.

"Let's continue we can worry about those artworks later. I'll take point, Darklin knows his role in covering fire from the back, so I'm counting on you to watch my back with whatever you're capable of."

"Understood." Yuni replied.

Ace's footsteps echoed throughout the hallway, there has yet to be any signs of life in the near vicinity of their location. Closing in towards the end they found themselves at a fork leading in two different directions. Ace turned to Yuni for a decision on what path they should take without uttering a word.

"You're at the front, I'll let you decide."

Taking a sigh, Ace took the right path noticing that it was merely a dead end.

"Huh-"

*Clonk* *Clonk* *Clonk!*

Gates emerged from the bottom of the floor separating Ace and Yuni. Both of them turned towards the other way to find themselves welcomed by emerging metal Golems which were at 170 cm tall ambushing the group. Five enemies snapped their heads up, their visors brimmed with mana signifying its activation on both ends.

"Did not expect this, the dungeon has us pinned." Ace commented.

"Then let us push forward." Darklin replied with steam coming out of his nostrils.

"Will you be fine on your own Yuni?" Ace turned around.

"I'll be ok I'll teleport through if I need to."

"Then let's make quick work of them then."

Ace imbued his weapons with mana cutting away the golem's arms with ease. Memories arose of Artes creating similar golems which allowed Ace to identify a weak point. He took a glance at the magic crystal at the very chest of the golem. Its huge size in the centre was practically screaming its weakness out. Noticing this Ace threw several throwing knives at each one of them deactivating the five golems instantly.