Chapter 70: Panic

"There are enemies teleporting behind us!"

"Damn it! It's just like before. They're raising allies from the dead!"

"We're surrounded! We have to break through somewhere!"

"We can't! The enemy is taking advantage of this! They're going to lock us in!"

"Then what the hell do we do?!"

Thanks to the Fallen's sudden appearance, the morale of the Creles force has been reduced to mere frantic chaos. No one knows where to coordinate their attacks. Everyone knows they cannot afford to let any Fallen leak into their formations.

'The enemy will surely be weary of the Fallen's appearance, but we're too far in the frontline to begin retreating. I'm also concerned for Glenn's group on the right, surely, it's ideal for reinforcing them, yet they're too far away. We're too surrounded! Enough hiding, I'll have to go full power-'

VUL!

Every Hero in the squad recognised the sound of that particular gunshot. Even those that witnessed the Fallen's ambush on them were familiar that it had brought down several of their most vital members. Several Holy Knights rushed over to the right, where Ace was unsure of their fate.

"Why is it here...? It's too far off on it's own to even be here!" Aria held annoyance in her tone.

"Aria! Don't go off on your own! We can't fight that thing! Not at our current level!" Alan shouted.

"Then what do we do? There's nowhere else to go!"

Dave appeared to rush over to Aria's group in total panic.

"Owain! Get the Heroes out of here! My squad will hold that bastard off!"

"Y-yes, sir! But where should we go? Our forces are in disarray!"

"The right side is completely off limits...! Ancel is there helping the other Heroes escape, so they should be fine. But the enemy alliance is taking advantage of this chaos. The Flerea and Aegis Kingdoms are experiencing the same thing, so we shouldn't worry about them now."

"URK!"

"GAHHH!"

"DON'T FALTER WE HAVE TO- AAH!"

A whirlwind of blades and gunshots had decimated the same knights who had rushed toward the right. The right flank's formation was broken, and every soldier backed away, watching the new enemy raise the bodies around them from the dead.

"Damn it! You guys push your way back to our central position. You'll have to deal with the Fallen there but it's your only shot."

Dave could hear the cries of death from the right flank as he continued. He imbued his weapons in holy light, ready to take on the dangerous Fallen.

"Take care of them, Owain."

"...I will."

Everyone watched Dave rally the remaining troops and head straight toward the chaotic right flank. Their battle cries can be heard, and a clash of blades has already begun.

"Cayde, Falkes and Talon, you guys lead the way. Eren and I will keep enemies off our flank. We'll have to overexert ourselves for this battle. Let's move everyone!"

Everyone followed Owain's instructions and retreated toward the central battalion.

Just before Owain and Ace, Freya looked towards the right with her [Hawk Sight]. She watched Dave's soldiers slowly fall to the Fallen. She held a concerned expression and looked away, focusing on the retreat.