Aria's Recollection: Transferring (Side Chapter)

May 2, 20XX. 2 Years before the teleportation.

A girl stood out in front of a large school. Already it was the afternoon, the sun was setting. The orange light shined brightly over the buildings as each second passed. Taking a sigh, the girl entered through the front gate as some students exited. Some took notice of this wandering girl with their eyes glued to the sight of her features. An angelic face, a thin yet endowed figure, luscious silky hair. Despite everyone noticing these beautiful features, the girl's eyes were empty, void of life, quietly staring at the buildings from a distance.

Eventually, there was barely anyone left in the school. The girl walked in quietly, staring at the campus map. Her fingers were pointing to her designated location until-

"Are you alright? Are you lost?" A voice was heard behind the girl.

She paused at the sight of his fair face. The girl's first thing that came to mind was his distant gaze. His expression stayed empty and blank, yet there was a gentleness in his voice.

A cold prince...

Her eyes were lost in the sight of his blank stare. She stared into him longer than expected, immediately flustering upon realising.

"I... uh... um... I'm looking for the office..." Unable to retain eye contact, her eyes focused on his armband reading out 'Disciplinary Committee'. 

"Sure. I can take you there if you don't mind. The campus is pretty big for anyone new coming here. My name is Ace by the way, may I ask for yours?" 

"Aria..." She quietly replied.

Ace focused on her eyes, noticing how it was similar to his in the past. But her expression was much more void of life than his at the time.

"Alright. Follow me it's only a short walk from here."

"...Thank you."

The duo took the lead from building to building, but there was silence between them. Although Ace didn't mind the silence, he glanced at Aria. He felt the need to start a conversation to lighten the tension. He scratched his head while thinking of a good way to start a conversation, trying to mimic what some of his friends would do.

"Do you have any business at the academy? I don't think I've seen you around before."

"I'm transferring to this school... I'm just here to fill out my paperwork and buying a uniform right after."

"That makes sense."

Ace took a mental sigh at this attempt of conversing with Aria since she's technically a stranger.

Eventually, they arrived at the office Aria was looking for. 

"Thank you for your help." Aria said with a bow.

"It's fine. Will you be fine by yourself when you leave the campus?"

"I think I memorised the way. Thank you Ace. I'll... probably see you around then." Aria did a small wave of goodbye before closing the door.

After completing his job, Ace left the area, preparing to leave for the day.

On the other hand, Aria finished up with paperwork and purchased her uniform for the academy. She managed to find her way back to the school gate, where coincidentally Ace happened to just arrive.

"Oh, already finished?

"Yes... I already know the sizes so I didn't need to stay for that long."

"Alright. Be careful on your way home there's been reports of gang members being a hassle to some of students around here, particularly girls. Be weary and stay safe."