Aria's Recollection 6: Confrontation

Another week went by as Aria continued her routinely schedule. She was waking up early, preparing breakfast and school meals for the orphans and waking up the other orphans who still hadn't woken up. When she was done, Aria went to dress up for school. Chloe, doing the same, walked towards her door, putting on her blouse. 

"Did you hear? Blake's final day is next Friday." Chloe says, tying up her blonde hair. 

"Oh really? That's nice. Blake always wanted to have parents." Aria replied.

"We have to prepare a party for him the day before."

"Mm, we can get a cake from the nearby bakery."

"I'm still surprised that there was a bakery there this whole time." Chloe chuckled. "How's school? Are you still being bullied?"

"...Unfortunately. Just some dumb group that's all. I have friends now so school is not bad."

"Ah, right! You have a boyfriend now! I saw you two were walking together!" Chloe's eyes lit up. 

"He's not my boyfriend..." Aria's face went red.

"Hehe, do you like him?" Chloe smirked.

"...Yeah. He kind of reminds me of one of the characters from the book I'm reading." Aria said with a bright tone.

Chloe looked at Aria weirdly. She knows the types of books Aria likes to read and immediately felt uncomfortable.

"...Aria. I'm fourteen, I don't want to hear that sort of stuff."

"Well, you're the only one I'm completely open to. My friends will think I'm a freak and a weirdo... if they find out." Aria replied, referring to her secret comics.

"I guess you're keeping your angelic innocent persona to them."

"Well, actually, they think I'm a bit messed up." Aria muttered.

"So they do know about your weird comic." 

"No, it's something else!" Aria pouted.

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"Don't worry about it."

Chloe held a confused expression until her phone started vibrating.

"Oh! I got to catch my bus, stay safe Aria!"  She took a glance at her phone, just noticing the time.

Aria did the same and continued with her routine. She was still ahead of schedule. She looked into the mirror and took out a girl's magazine from a convenience store.

"Should I even change up my style according to this guide? Would Ace even care?" She says while flipping the magazine. "...Why does it have Hilda in it, of all people?" 

On one of the magazine's pages was a photo of Hilda posing for the camera. She held out her hands, doing a peace sign on each hand with a cute smile in front of a beach. Her outfit was summerly themed with the title on the top of the page reading out:

'Try inviting him to the beach! Show him your charm!'

"...I wasted my money on this thing." Aria thought, continuing to braid the left strand of her hair. 

*Bzzt*

"Huh?"

Aria looked at her phone, noticing the front notification. It was a message from Ace. Aria's eyes widened in surprise. She rushed to unlock her phone and read his message. 

Ace: 'I woke up a bit early so I'll be waiting by the street, take your time.'

"What?! He's already here?! Hnngh...!" She took a second take on the appearance of her hair, quickly combing it until rushing outside.