Chapter 5: No Lead

The victor of the spar was Ace, with everyone amazed at the fight. Although it became one-sided in the end, Aria is probably the only one who can last the longest in Ace. Even Alan and Bryce, who have strong defensive capabilities in their classes, admit they cannot win if they ever fought Ace.

"Nice job you two! You guys were amazing!" Hilda walked down to cheer the two.

"I still need to train a lot..." Aria said.

"If Magic was allowed I'd probably lose," Ace added.

With Aria as a Spell Warrior, she isn't just limited to her spear alone. It is both a warrior and mage-like class that utilises either an axe or a spear. There are other variations of these classes, such as spell monk and spell blades, but only Aria was gifted to have such growth rates that suit these classes.

"It's a good fight. I have nothing to critic on your technique Ace. You made your style and displayed it. You just need a few more ways of approaching a fight now." 

Ace nodded back, noting Razor's suggestion of his approaches.

Olivia went up to Aria with a smile. She was proud that Aria had come this far as a spear user. Although the relationship between the two should be trainer and student, Aria sees her as a big sister that constantly looks out for her. She gave her critiques, and Aria nodded with the feedback.

"Well... Utility Arts are what you need but you still make unnecessary movements with the spear. Ace saw that through you and that's what broke your guard. Though you deserve a cake, of course, it's my treat." 

Aria's expression brightens up hearing the idea of having cake. Though it's just a small reward, her sweet tooth has hungered such a treat for so long.

"Before that, I'm doing Utility Art training with Aria and Olivia's doing training with Ace. For the spectators do you care to join?" 

Razor grabbed a wooden weapon from the pile, and everyone that came to watch the two students spar rejected the offer.

"No, I'm good."

"Sorry, this is a rest day. My trainer is going to be tough on me tomorrow again..." She pouted.

"Ancel promised me he'd teach me a new Holy Spell later today, I appreciate the offer Razor." 

The three students left the training field leaving just Aria and Ace with their trainers. It was unusual for trainers to switch their students. Still, since they had already finished the basic class training, all they needed to do was either practice new spells or Arts.

Ace found it weird to be taught by Olivia, who was given simple instructions to follow. Olivia demonstrated the usage of imbuing mana onto her weaponry. It was a simple procedure that anyone could do as long as they practised. Although Ace is not talented in magic, his strength will make up for the imbuement of magic, primarily used to pierce and penetrate through armour. Such a simple thing can also harm enemies with no physical bodies, which require this skill to defeat.

The moment Ace's weapons glowed a bright grey, Olivia knew he was successful and did not need further instructions right after that. The mana colours vary from person to person. Aria's one is bright pink, Olivia's is red, and Razor's is the same grey colour Ace has.

"Wow, you learnt that quick. Why don't we check if you have any affinities with any magic elements? A rogue must be versatile after all."

"I have no problem with that. Though will magic even prove useful to me?"

"Yep, it's useful for everyone. Even if you lack the stats to use such an ability," 

"Your stats are just a baseline on how strong you are as a person overall. But proficiency, willpower, experience and many other factors make you stronger in an actual fight. Even if you have higher stats than me or Razor we will still win because we're more experienced. Remember that." Olivia says, poking Ace's forehead.