Chapter 16: A Timeframe Before Mobilisation

Another week has gone by and Aria's class is back in training mode with their assigned trainers. Everyone was tasked to develop their own [Unique Arts]. These Arts are powerful skills that are developed by their user's proficiency and style of fighting, they can be offensive based or defensive based. As the name suggests it is unique to the user and if someone were to try to replicate the skill they would need the same proficiency as the owner of the skill and much-needed practice as compared to a regular [Offensive Art].

Thud...! Thud...! THUD...!

Within the training grounds, Aria sparred with Razor instead of Olivia in an attempt for Aria to be more used to fighting agile fighters. However, Aria has practised with her wooden spear for so long that Razor took advantage of the state of its durability.

[Unique Art: Piercing Vortex!]

Aria used her new Unique Art that she had devised with Olivia's training. Her attack is a thrust of piercing blows using her spear, there are times when the attack itself blended into an illusion of a vortex quickly closing into Aria's opponent. However, with Razor eying the state of Aria's weapon for so long he went for an aggressive move parrying Aria's attack that would break the spear itself and in just a moment he was right behind Aria at knifepoint.

"Aren't you a scary one? Glaring at me like that." Razor commented. "It's good that you're treating this like a real battle but, nevermind." As Razor let out a sigh.

'Even if I wasn't going serious. I actually might've lost that... '

"Ah, sorry." Aria returned to normal.

"Your skill with the spear has improved tremendously. Just remember to use your head instead of your... rage your killing intent was a bit... too much... a group of enemies might turn just to aim for you." Olivia critiqued.

Before Ace's fall, Aria's fighting style was described as an expressive dancer twirling her spear elegantly whilst also keeping her opponent at bay with an aggressive approach. However this past week her fighting style now can be considered barbaric consisting of wide aggressive swings allowing more unpredictability on what kind of attack she will launch next causing concern for Olivia.

"I'll... keep that in mind."

"Thank you for joining us for training Razor. I know you only known Ace for a few weeks but it looked like-"

"It's fine. I'm not bothered by it." Razor cut off Olivia's sentence. "Most importantly, I heard the king will mobilise the army soon."

"What?! Already?! What about the Heroes? Did the other kingdom start rallying their troops?" Olivia raised her voice as she held a worried expression. She looked at Aria and she grew more concerned for her and her classmates.

"What's going to happen to our dungeon exploration? Is the king sending us to fight already?!" Aria asked in an angered tone.

"...You guys will be exploring to floor 50 if the situation worsens with the other kingdoms perhaps less. The moment your dungeon exploring is cancelled you'll know it's wartime for everyone." Razor explained. "You didn't hear this from me. I just happened to eavesdrop on the King's conversation." As Razor shrugged his shoulders.

"It's fine Razor. I'll let my friends know."

Aria left the training grounds after being dismissed by Olivia. Leaving with just her and Razor together.

"Razor how long do the Heroes have before they're mobilised?" Olivia watched Aria leave with a troubled expression, even if they have a few weeks or even more time can fly much more quickly when there's a war at hand.