Chapter 13: A Crumbled Class

Aria rushed to the bridge walls hoping that the chasm wasn't as deep as everyone thought it'd be. She waited patiently and so far there was no noise no sound to indicate the deepness of the chasm. Her body froze, her breathing increased as if her heart was about to burst. Aria felt like she was suffocating losing all the oxygen that her body desperately tried to take in. Her heartbeat was beating rapidly. 

The ground collided with her knees losing control of her body, the spear that was used to assist Ace felt heavy. She picked up his dagger feeling the rush of memories flowing into her mind then shattering hanging on to the smiling Ace before letting out a fall of tears.

"The injured... they're ok... Ancel and Dave are fine too." Lucia came to give her a report of the situation.

There was 6 fatally wounded consisting of 4 frontliners and 2 of the backline and 15 injured with Lucia and Vella the only healers of the class unscratched but mentally stressed by their situation. Finally, Ace was the only one who is considered deceased. With a neverending chasm, one who would fall in such a hole will reach the unknown end. Those who are still standing reluctantly agreed that Ace is truly gone.

"I... have to check... Ace-"

"Aria... it's too late! You saw what happened he's gone!" Freya shouted. It was the first time anyone has seen Freya frustrated. She looked distressed trying her best to hold it in. Freya knew that the enemy had to be stopped at a cost. She was angry, stressed and fatigued by what just happened.

"I... can... still... save him..." Aria's body lifelessly tried to move on its own but was stopped by Vella who hugged her from behind trying to calm her down.  "Vella let go. Ace was my- Ace... if he was never there for me I-"

"I know... I know... Please... accept what you saw. Aria I know it's tough but-" Vella tried to hold back her tears.

Warren and Alan were still injured but still couldn't believe their eyes. Watching their friend take the sacrifice play they stared lifelessly. Ace who they've known throughout their schooling years is now gone in their lives. Finally, Warren spoke.

"This is just a dream right...? No way I'm using all these cool sword abilities and watching Vella use magic. No one would get stabbed by a random enemy either in real life... but this pain... it's not waking me up." 

"Warren...?"

"Haha... I mean... usually, I'll just go to school and practice for the baseball tournament and hang out with the others. I mean being summoned is all stories-"

Warren showed signs of delusion and denial. While Alan was slowly bursting into anger unable to deal with the situation at hand. 

"SHUT UP! IT'S NOT A DREAM...! I WISH IT FUCKING WAS...! DAMN IT! DAMN IT...!" Alan snapped. He knew Ace was working hard to make Dungeon progression easier, he knew that Ace was the star player in the class. He knew that there may be a chance that someone might die but didn't know how everyone will cope if a situation arises.

"Tch...!" Alan's anger opened up his stab wound from the enemy trying to cover up the wound with his hands. Lucia came over and healed with the little remaining Mana she had. She was quiet about the whole situation but was still affected as it was someone she knew.

"Sorry... It's just... Ace seemed... unkillable. Even back at school, no one could beat him in hand to hand combat, strengthening anti-bullying and stopping the bullying incidents himself. He drove off those punks away that was terrorising with people from our school. He always wanted everyone to feel at ease with their lives. He wanted to do that with us too..." Warren came to his senses accepting the fact that he saw Ace accepting his death as he smiled gently.