Chapter 17: Time In The Dungeon

Much time has passed within the dungeon with Ace not knowing what day it is right now. With help from the Dark Elder Drake Darklin, Ace has been honing his new magic abilities thanks to his guidance, understanding the usage of his dark elemental affinity that Olivia previously confirmed.

"You are learning fairly quickly in mana manipulation."

"Thanks to you."

Darklin turned his head to the corpses of the monsters that they recently have slain. Noticing that Ace has not skinned one of them for food.

"It is best to prepare dinner. The corpses of these pigs will soon convert to mana particles." Darklin suggested.

He looked over to the bodies of the giant boars that he and Ace took down. Ace nicknamed them Mana Boars thanks to their usage of magic that comes from their tusks. They had special markings that flowed from its horn and glowed whenever it used its magic abilities. But most importantly their existence is a convenience for Ace as its taste was that of a normal boar.

"Yeah, you're right. I'll start on it now. Watch for any enemies."

"Will do."

Ace skinned one of the boars taking out its organs and throwing it away, ensuring that he only keeps the edible parts intact. The moment he turned his head to the other corpses as well as the organs he threw away their remains conveniently converted into particles of mana floating near one of the Dungeon's mana crystals. Ace realised now how late he was to skinning the boars only leaving the two with one boar to themselves.

"Hopefully just this one is enough."

"Indeed, You have not had a meal for a while," Darklin replied.

After separating the cuts of meat both Ace and Darklin helped themselves in cooking their preferable parts into the fire. Luckily there was a spring of water near them, The spring itself was enchanted granting those who drank the water to feel their fatigue wash away and acted as a substitute for a healing potion.

After filling his bottle up, Ace sat down and stared at the ceiling.

"How long has it been since I dropped here?" Ace stared at the magic crystal as he watched it glow brightly in the dark.

"I would not know. I have lost count ever since."

Ace let out a sigh.

"Being alive is a miracle itself but the next miracle is trying to find Luna and the other Heroes whereabouts."

"You mentioned... Luna was it? Will we be joining them once you find them?"

"I'll decide once I find them first. Luna's smart so she's not the type to die straight away that's the only thing I can believe in. We may have to travel to the other kingdoms just to make that happen."

"Then it will be a long journey."

"After that, it will be Vumor."

After finishing his meal he stood up and picked up the giant sword he looted from the minotaur, waiting for the little Dragon to hop on his shoulders as they venture deeper into the Dungeon.

"Right now, is our goal to leave the dungeon as soon as possible?" Darklin asked.

"I wouldn't know, There's something at the end of the Dungeon, whatever it is, it must be powerful enough for someone like Vumor right?"

"Indeed. Artes was the demi-god of crafting, so perhaps he has left a powerful weapon."

"That makes it more important to complete this dungeon as soon as we can."