Aria's Recollection 5: Her Curiosity

It had been several weeks since Ace had introduced Aria to his friends. Thanks to that, Aria has been much more cheerful and willing to go to school with people she knows.

But there was still an ongoing threat with the gang around their school. Because of this, Ace had opted to walk with Aria to and from school to ensure her safety. The bullying situation with Aria has somewhat calmed down, but everyone still looked at her in both envy and awe. 

Starting the day, Aria had just finished her morning routine of preparing lunch boxes for the kids at the Orphanage before heading out in front of Ace's house. She woke up extra early, so he didn't have to make an effort to go towards the Orphanage for her. Instead, she patiently waited in front of his house.

"I'm... outside..." Aria says to herself as she types a message to send to Ace. 

She kept track of when Ace would leave his house to wait for Aria, and for the first time, she was the one to wait for Ace outside. 

'Okay, I'm just by the door now.' 

Ace typed back.

The door of his house opened, and someone else other than Ace walked out first. It was someone Aria knew, pausing in surprise. Her eyes widened, focusing her sights on Freya and piecing together what she was doing with Ace.

"Freya...?" Aria said with her mouth open.

"...Morning..." Freya said with a yawn.

'Are Ace and Freya dating...? The only reason why she would be at his house is... if... they were... doing... that...'

Thoughts kept rushing through Aria's head until Ace finally exited his house.

"Morning Aria, Freya's here cause she occasionally nags me if I'm okay."

"Oh? Okay..." Aria replied, confused by what Ace meant. 

"Ugh... I'm still tired... my body aches all over..." Freya complained.

Just by Freya's words alone, thoughts and ideas kept rushing through Aria's head. 

'They... definitely did it...'

"You could've slept in. You have a free period first don't you?" Ace asked.

"Mm... but I woke up to your alarm. So I might as well go to school at the same time."

"Well let's walk to school. You're practicing for music with Mia and Vella during yours right?" Ace asked, looking in Aria's direction.

"Ah right...! Thank you for suggesting to transfer classes." Aria answered, but her thoughts still lingered on Freya and Ace's relationship.

"It does kind of highlight that Aria was bullied." Freya said.

"She's with the others for her classes now, isn't she? I think its fine." Ace replied.

They continued walking from school with Ace and Freya in the lead. They weren't holding their hands together as any couple would. But they talked as if they were very close, eavesdropping closely into their conversation.

"Ah Ace, Mom wants you to come by for dinner this weekend. Think you can do that?" Freya asked.

"Hm, if I have to. There's no special occasion that day."

"Well, you always eat alone. So come by once in a while." 

"Alright."

'Hmm, so he's close to Freya's parents too...'

"You haven't been followed around yet have you?" Ace asked.

"No, not really. You've told me the number plate so I'll be extra careful."