Chapter 61: A Risky Assault

Ace and Yuni equipped whatever was nearby with no time to waste, not caring about putting a facade about the Ineran Kingdom. Ace donned his jet black armour while Yuni had equipped her newly modified spell blade attire. She wore a freshly crafted mask made by Ace that covered half her face. 

"Alpha... is it just you that came with Darklin?" Ace turned in Alpha's direction to see if the others were with it. 

"Yes, commander, the Ineran Defenders are patrolling the Kingdom." Alpha replied.

"Well, it's fine. I only had one rifle. Take these." Ace summoned a rifle in hand and several pouches connected. Alpha took the items and wore the bags around its waist. 

"Ok Ace, I'm ready to teleport." Yuni says, summoning a magic circle beneath them. 

"Will you have enough mana for the trip back?" Ace asked.

"It's fine I'll bear with it." Yuni says with an intense expression. 

They teleported instantly on top of a rooftop in the Creles Kingdom. They used their skills to manoeuvre across the buildings until they had finally made it to the Kingdom square. There was already a crowd of civilians and enemy Knights waiting for this execution. 

Thirty people were on wooden stakes at the centre, awaiting their fate to be burnt alive. Below were at least a hundred Paladins, Knights and Holy Knights just waiting for the usual duo to show up in an attempt to stop them. The one to lead them was none other than a Holy Commander orchestrating the entire execution. 

Ace and Darklin looked around to see that the streets held patrols of Paladins, Knights and Mages in varying positions, waiting to back up the main force.

"Even if we go in with full power, we'll be overwhelmed by their numbers. We're lucky enough they don't have any colossals down there." Ace said in a distressed tone. 

"Maybe we should've brought in more people." Yuni added.

"Do not worry. Razor and Elora have already made their moves," Darklin said.

"Huh? Did they even think things through?  Even for those two we'll still be overwhelmed in the end." Ace replied.

"Some plans are much more effective if allies are left in the dark." Darklin added.

"Fine, I'll leave them be, but what's our plan? We can't cause collateral damage to the civilians so your transformation will have to hold off until they leave the area."

If the trio were to jump in now, they would surely face death. But Yuni wasn't afraid. She summoned her sword and imbued it with Mana, preparing to jump as they began to act on the execution. 

"As you all have gathered today, we want to provide an example to these Demonfolk and Demi-humans on what they have deserved. You may all hear the news of our markets attacked..." The Holy Commander continued with his speech to the crowd.

"Ace, don't worry about me. If I fail just run okay?" Yuni said to him in a soothing tone.

"And let you die no way. I'm going in with you."

The Holy Commander lit up a torch, still rallying the crowd to promote the Creles propaganda, until a knight quickly ran towards him in distress. 

"Commander Oton! Several groups are hitting the slave markets! If the enemy gets their hands on them, we'll surely lose face with Regis when he comes back!" 

"So they had a counter plan... you lot go with the outside groups reinforce the markets. We'll lure in those who will barge in here."

Soon after hearing the news, he promptly dispatched a selection of his men in several different directions. This surprised both Ace and Yuni as if some miracle was made.