Chapter 58: A Teacher's Sudden Agitation

"So, the Hagi has sneaked into our Kingdom." A Holy Knight says, stepping beside the Holy Colossal. Several other Knights followed behind him, outnumbering Ace and Darklin.

Ace stood his ground, letting the Knight's gaze on his appearance. Although Ace hastily did the modifications on his armour, he made sure that he looked the part of his idea of a Hagi Samurai. Being a half-eastern from his mother's side had allowed him to recognise the oriental style of the given helm. When he the Hagi armour for the first time, Ace understood Hal's intentions to portray them as Hagi soldiers. With the further modifications, he had to make sure the enemy saw them as Hagi enemies.

"Kill them now." The Holy Knight ordered. 

Everyone took a stance around the same Knight, waiting for the Colossal to make its move.

'Ace! We better run now!' Darklin sounded more concerned as he watched the Holy Knight group together.

Ace glanced back to check the situation of the villagers. Only a few people left to go through Yuni's gate, needing a few seconds to get to the other side. Fortunately, Razor and Elora still lingered around, wondering what Ace's actions would be. They weren't sure if Ace was willing to fight or eventually retreat. 

'Charge up a Dark Nova now, I'll follow up.'

'You better know what you are doing.'

Following Ace's instructions, Darklin opened his mouth, gathering the mana from his body to charge up a powerful attack. Giving him some time, Ace summoned a wall of hell flames blocking the enemy's path just before they were about to swarm him. Yet to their surprise, the colossal had suddenly growled in the opposite direction for some odd reason.

"Huh? Shit! It's out of control again!" A voice shouted.

"Damn it! You two squeeze through! We'll have to subdue it again."

Ace stepped back, not expecting this outcome. Nevertheless, he couldn't let his guard down, beginning to charge a Dark Nova to follow with Darklin's. 

Two Holy Knights jumped through the flaming wall with their entire equipment imbued in Holy Magic. Of course, they were capable of such a feat with their magical strength. Ace stepped back with Darklin, finally realising his following action. 

"Fire it now!" Ace shouted. 

Both of them synchronised their attacks towards the two Knights. One of them intercepted the blow for the other. The moment the dark ball of energy had touched his shield, the defending Knight got flung back into the group surviving the impact. 

The other Knight lunged forward, thrusting his blade against Ace in the distance. Ace blocked the attack with Darklin's fire support, forcing the Knight to jump back to reconsider his options. 

But this was a Holy Knight, one of the best soldiers in the Creles Empire. The Knight propelled himself towards Ace, clashing their weaponry against each other. Even if he closed in the distance, it was a two on one battle. Darklin let out his signature breath attack forcing the Knight to be on the defensive, giving enough time for Ace to retreat.

Eventually, the flaming wall that Ace had cast went down. From there, a group of Holy Knights struggled to subdue the creature with their magical chains. Those who were free went chased after for Ace. Yet they were interrupted by illusionary copies of Razor covering their escape.

"Come on, let's get out of here!" Razor shouted still near Yuni's gate. 

"It's a miracle they lost control over that beast!" Elora commented.

Yuni, who still kept the gate open, looked at Ace's arm in shock. The left side where his retractable shield was is exposed with a giant bruise which Ace hasn't realised.