Chapter 8: Into The Dungeon

The moment has finally arrived, a new day has passed starting with Freya waking up the girls on her end and Ace waking up the guys on his. Everyone made sure they had enough rest for the dungeon. As soon as they finished breakfast they all equipped their armour and weaponry.

Ace entered his room to grab his leather armour until he felt a presence in the room.

"I forgot to give you something the other day." 

Razor appeared out of nowhere there was no sound at all until he spoke it was as if he appeared out of thin air. It fazed Ace as he did not expect the surprise visit from Razor.

"What is it?" Ace asked.

"Here, Olivia pestered me about giving you better weaponry. So here, a dagger and a shortsword just for you they used to be mine so don't worry about paying me back." Razor handed him the sheathed weapons. 

"You didn't have to."

"Well, I did anyway. The Dungeon isn't that hard when I explored it the first time, and you'll have Ancel and Dave escorting you guys anyway."

"Thanks. I'll pay you back someday."

"That will be when you leave this world, better get some good stuff so I can inherit all your belongings in the end," Razor smirked.

"Whatever you want."

"Take care, if you need me you'll know where to find me." In an instant Razor vanished without a trace.

 Ace started to equip everything he needed for the dungeon, leather armour, gauntlets, boots and a small magic bag gifted by the king. These magical bags are expensive and only adventurers like Razor own them due to their ability to store more items inside using the power of dimensional magic. Inside was several potions that came along the small bag.

With Razor's gift Ace was gifted silver weaponry rather than using the standard issued items the king gave him. A silver dagger and shortsword. He also received a bonus of having multiple throwing knives that were also gifted. 

The moment he stepped outside everyone was dressed in a variety of different colours ready and equipped for the dungeon. Everyone was off in their groups discussing what will happen to them and so on within the dorm, though someone was missing, Aria.

Ace had an idea where she might be, but if he can't find her he'll just leave her to her own business knowing she'll eventually be back. Ace's classmates would stop him to make some small talk and get back to continue their conversations.

"There you are, come on the Paladins are going to be here at any moment." 

Aria was sitting down on the garden chair gazing up in the sky. She was equipped in light armour and her spear attached to her back. She turned her gaze towards Ace with a faint smile.

"Oh is it that time already? The others were too rowdy and I was desperate for fresh air."

"I also thought the same." 

"Hehe, despite that you're one of the class stars." Aria smiled as she focused her attention on Ace. "They'll always be rowdy with you."

"Are you worried?" Ace asked her.

"Isn't it obvious? This is only the start, and soon after we'll be doing the real- ow!" Before Aria could've finished her sentence Ace flicked her with his fingers hitting her forehead. 

"Lose the negativity, we won't get far with that mindset." 

"But after last nights talk the person you're looking for and this kingdom's heroes. They're dead, and that means that we might end up in the same fate."