Ace and Luna: Recollection 2 (Side Chapter)

Both Ace and Luna sat down in their usual study room within the library, as Ace continued to study papers given by Luna. They were discussing various topics and the common trends of the topics given by Luna's academy in preparation for Ace's high school entrance exam, which will take place in Ace's final year of middle school. Luna took a break going through the messages she has missed from her friends while Ace continued to study.

"Another class disappearance..." Luna said as she browsed the internet through her phone.

"It happened again?"

Drawn by the news Ace stopped his studying as he also went on his phone to check the headline.

"Mhm, 17 students vanished out of thin air. It was a school in another province, the very thought is scary but at the same time, it's intriguing... " Luna says propping her chin with her hand.

"What? How so?" Ace tilted his head.

"Well, how is our mystery kidnapper snatching all these students? Why are they doing it? Why specifically people aged 16-20 plus years? Before this class, it was a military squad that disappeared. So many questions raised from these disappearances. Usually, it would happen every few years at least that's the trend and if I'm right the next disappearance will happen in at least 3-4 years, that's the average timeframe I'm guessing.." Luna took notes in her book as she made a mind map showcasing it to Ace as he watched Luna closely.

"Well, with this new case now the total count for the disappeared is 432. The methods are unknown obviously. The most surprising part is that the students would vanish when they're inside their classes. Making it impossible for a kidnapper to simply break in without making a noise." Ace replied with his theory.

"Exactly! With this disappearance now, We certainly know that it won't happen again in a few years, and we know the military should be safe due to their rare cases of disappearances."

"From memory, there were only 10 military personals that had disappeared."

"Even so it's almost guaranteed that the next target is a high school class. But... that means, you'll be at risk. When you think about it you have at least one out of how many high schools in the entire world plus how many classes."

"Huh... you're right... But if this is some ingenious kidnapper I'll be able to fight them off." Ace clenched his fist in front of Luna showing off his physical ability.

"Hm, maybe you're right. I do prefer if these disappearances stop. I'm starting to think some outside phenomenon is at play here." She placed her hand on her chin forming a thinking gesture.

"Haha... That stuff is only in fantasy novels."

"It's the only speculation I have for it." Luna shrugged her shoulders.

"Well let's change this topic, I have some news. I ended up starting the disciplinary committee at the academy."

Ace looked surprised, he knew Luna's school had its share of bullying cases as stated previously, but the moment he heard that she has started the committee had caused his eyes to widen.

"Huh...? I thought you were just joking..."

"Do I look like the type to be joking?" Luna glared.

"Right..."

"Well, the situation is starting to get much more annoying and I don't want to spend my years of high school with all these dumb issues going on. Plus if my junior is planning to go to the same school I have to make sure he enjoys the environment." Luna says with a confident pose.

Ace had his hand on his forehead, he was shocked that Luna had done something that was quite unlike her. He started undergoing every consequence that will come to Luna through his head, then slammed the table, not in anger, but fear showing great concern as he clenched his teeth.