Chapter 53: A Visit Back

After making preparations to teleport back to the Creles Kingdom Ace made sure to notify his automaton knight to protect Darklin if anything happens. He quickly installed a communication modification on the knight's helmet that can directly communicate to Ace. On Ace's end, he had only made a silver ear cuff with a small gem at the centre granting the ability to telepathically relay information back to the knight. 

Ace and Yuni equipped their usual equipment and immediately teleported using Ace's teleportation crystal. Once it was activated the stone became dull, indicating its cooldown for the next activation. As for the place they teleported to, it was one of familiarity. 

They stood in front of a house knocking on the door waiting for someone to answer. 

A few seconds later a familiar eye-patched man had opened the door welcoming them with a smile.

"Come on in freeloaders." Razor said as if he was expecting their arrival.

"Thanks." Ace replied.

Razor turned his back to see that someone was missing. He had looked on both of Ace's and Yuni's shoulders being confused about where Darklin was. 

"What happened to your dragon?" Razor asked.

"He's in a deep slumber. Right now he's resting back at the Kingdom." Ace answered.

"Sounds like an eventful few days. It's already late, so make yourselves at home. Elora will be back shortly." 

"...Ace you haven't explained anything to me. What's going to happen?" Yuni asked.

Ace had been keeping the news from Yuni ever since Hal had contacted him. He thought it wasn't necessary as the operation details weren't as difficult as they seemed. Nevertheless, he might as well tell her now.

"We'll meet up with Hal tomorrow to discuss some things. It's easier to teleport here now than later since the stones require a cooldown and your spells take a toll on you. If anything happens tomorrow we can leave the scene immediately." Ace explained.

"Understood." Yuni replied with a small salute. 

A few seconds later the door beside them opened only to see a human-looking Elora covered in a cloak. She had used her transformation magic to remove her fox features and as soon as she returned home she deactivated the spell turning herself back to her demi-human appearance.

"Ah welcome back! Your majesty! Ace! It's good to see you two home!" Elora says with an excited tone.

"Sorry for intruding" Yuni replied with a bow.

"We don't live here you know?" Ace reminded Elora.

"Well... this house will soon be pointless when we move to the Ineran kingdom right Razor?" Elora turned her direction to her husband.

"I guess that's true." Razor agreed.

"Huh?" Ace reacted.

"What do you mean?" Yuni tilted her head.

Elora looked at them with a grin as if she was indirectly saying to them "Isn't it obvious?" however it only confused them even more.

"...What Elora here is failing to say is, we're moving to the Ineran kingdom after this operation. We've volunteered to help get it back to shape." Razor answered for Elora.

Ace thought about the state of Yuni's kingdom with concern. He had completely forgotten about the lack of supplies needed if they were to accommodate rescuees. 

"Don't worry Hal has prepared enough supplies to rebuild the kingdom. He had even managed  relocate the slaves from our neighbourhood." Razor said as if he had read Ace's mind.