Chapter 72: Precarity

-The Ineran Kingdom-

The sky had suddenly gone dark around the entire kingdom. Soldiers from different races had all stood together before the kingdom gates. They purposely let their enemy inside, overwhelming them in sheer numbers. From a distance, it was clear that the Ineran Kingdom would win this battle over the Fallen.

A soldier quickly ran over to Yuni to give his report.

"Milady! We're pushing back the Fallen as expected!"

"Good, continue as planned," Yuni replied, watching the entire battle unfold from a distance.

"Is something the matter, Yuni?" Darklin sat on Yuni's shoulder, noticing a concerned expression on her face.

Yuni's thoughts were elsewhere. Though she faced the direction of the enemy, there was only one thing on her mind.

"Ace gave me a warning that there might be a Fallen version of him here... but so far things have been going too well here."

"What? A Fallen version of Ace? That would only mean that."

"Yes... in another timeline, Ace is dead. He frantically warned me that his counterpart might appear here but so far there's only light injuries from our side."

"And we do not know what is happening on Ace's end."

"It's okay... I can feel his link. He's still alive. Tsk! Lila is it necessary that I stand back here?! Ace isn't even by my side and I have to stay and watch from the back?!" Yuni voiced her annoyance to a female guard beside her.

"Yes, milady, you have mentioned you are a target yourself. Therefore, you will only enter the battle to turn the tides. The veterans are winning the battle for us, so you can rest easy."

"Ugh, then Alpha, assist the frontline. Surely an automaton will respond to my orders." Yuni

"Forgive me, your majesty. My liege has requested that I stay by your side at all times. This command cannot be overridden by you."

Yuni's head shot up in surprise. Currently, the other automatons are by the front assisting the other soldiers, but the fact that Alpha had received a personal order from Ace has made her face red.

"If that's Ace's order, then it's fine. I'm happy he has thought this far ahead. That means I have two attendants by my side, Darklin and Alpha. I will enter the battle in a moment, Lila. Since I have an attendant created by his majesty Ace."

"I... okay, your majesty. We'll stay here to protect the citizens." Lila gave up trying to reason with her.

"I'll make sure we'll win with no casualties. I need something to keep my mind off Ace."

"You are our queen, so I cannot stop you. But let me say this to you milady. Let your strength conquer."

"For our future." Yuni placed her hand on her chest. Likewise, Lila did the same. "Alright, Darklin, Alpha let's end this wave quickly."

"If the battle is easier on our end, then Ace's battle is sure-"

"I know. We just have to trust him don't we? I want to make sure he comes back home with everyone surviving on our end." Yuni had cut off Darklin's sentence.

"Now, let's prevent our elders' prophecy." Yuni's voice went cold.

She imbued her blade in mana and immediately entered the battlefield.

⥈⥈⥈

-Oracle Fields-

"Fuck, what's with this chick?! We can't even get near her!"