Chapter 55: Rebuilding

After returning to the Ineran Kingdom, everyone flocked around Ace, giving him their gratitude for saving them. They said the usual 'thank yous' as they bowed and shook his hand. But Ace felt rather uncomfortable being bombarded by the number of people. 

Once the two found themselves alone Ace gave an annoyed look to Yuni.

"Hey, shouldn't they be thanking the Princess for rescuing? Why is the attention going to me?" Ace asked Yuni who was right beside him.

"Well because I told them you were the one who rescued me. Therefore it all traces back to you."

"I'd rather stick to behind the scenes."

"That's Hal's job, besides I am merely stating the truth." Yuni chuckled.

The pair chattered as a group of Lizardmen and Cait Sith. Already Ace felt the strength in their presence. These weren't ordinary citizens but former soldiers of the Ineran Kingdom. 

"As an acting representative of the Ineran Guard, I like to give my utmost gratitude for saving our princess." A giant red lizard bowed in front of Ace alongside the other Lizardmen and Cait Sith behind him. 

Astonished by their presence and stance, Ace was speechless by her powerful bow was. 

"No need to thank me." Ace crossed his arms hiding away his astonishment. 

"Don't be like that Ace." Yuni said to him.

"*Sigh* You should know that saving you that night was-" Before Ace could finish his sentence, Yuni held her index finger, shushing Ace from speaking any further.

"Shush, sheesh. Ace here is always so modest," Yuni chuckled, removing her finger from his lips.

"Forgive me for asking but is Ace our new representative king?" Roza slowly lifted his head as he asked.

"What?" Ace held a confused expression startling back in surprise.

"Well this is getting interesting." Razor commented, appearing right beside Ace.

"Yuni did kiss you Ace, her body recognises that you're her lover." Elora joined in the conversation.

Everyone around them had their eyes widened by Elora's comment. Hearing whispers and murmurs about Ace. 

Ace, who was still trying to process the recent kiss, was overloaded by everyone's thoughts of him being a king. He has yet to fully admit his feelings for Yuni and other hindering ideas of his high school memories. 

Now that I think about it, Yuni is the last remaining royalty. From their perspective, it does make sense. Yet, I still haven't even admitted what I feel about her. Everything going so hastily, I don't have time to process my memories of Aria.

"Haha, why don't we start planning what we're going to do from here? Roza can you gather all those capable of fighting. Before we sleep tonight I want to organise what everyone's roles should be for tomorrow."

"Understood your majesty." Roza replied before leaving the area.

With some space left for the two of them, Yuni looked at Ace with her usual warm expression.

"Sorry, I kept blurting out how you saved me when you weren't around." 

"Is that how they jumped to conclusions? To be honest Yuni, my feelings are-"

"I know, you don't have to say anything." Yuni once again shushed Ace with her finger on his lips. "Ever since I fell in love with you, every time you start to recover, your memories your feelings for someone else begins to return too." Yuni poked Ace's chest as her eyes began to glow the same pink colour, looking directly into Ace's eyes.