Chapter 39: Deeper Thoughts On The Past And The Inevitable Future

It's been a few days after they departed from the kingdom. Currently, Aria stood around the fire alongside some of the girls from her class. She blankly stared into the fire without emitting a word as the others converse around her. Quietly accepting rations from Freya beside her the moment she was about to dig in she received a light tap on the top of her head.

"Guess who?" A women's playful voice was heard behind Aria.

"Olivia...?" Recognising the voice Aria turned around with a stiff smile.

"Correct!" Olivia replied with a brimming smile. 

Taking upon a closer look at Olivia's bright expressions Aria noticed the aura around her, it was much more bright and bubbly than before but with unknown reasons as to why. Rather than asking what had brought her in such a good mood, she asked a different question instead.

"When did you get here?" 

"A few minutes ago, we came in as the second wave of reinforcements but looks like nothing has happened yet." Olivia looked around noticing all the tents set up with no signs of any injured soldiers and high morale within her vicinity. 

"We haven't experienced any enemies yet." 

"Well, we're only a few days away from the nearby fortress. It'll take some time to see any action for a while."

Freya, beside Aria, stared at Olivia with a curious expression that Oliva had noticed staring back, blinking her eyes to Freya's appearance.

"Ah, where are my manners. I'm Oliva, Aria's trainer. I assume you're Ace's sister with that strong resemblance of yours." Saying with confidence in her deduction.

Immediately Freya held a bothered expression face-palming at Olivia's assumption.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Freya. But you're wrong in your assumption. Ace and I are cousins... we look very identical because our mothers are twins." Freya replied with a blank expression.

"Ah...! I'm so sorry! I was too quick to judge." Olivia bowed her head.

"Well not the first time. You're just part of the 70% that had that assumption while 30% thought Ace and I were lovers." Freya turned her head to stare at Aria after the end of her sentence.

"Stop going on about that. It's been more than a year, please give it a rest." Aria replied.

"Hehe is that so?" Olivia laughed at the thought.

"Hey who's that?" Hilda peeked her head behind Freya.

"Is that Aria's trainer?" Mia joined in.

"No fair she looks much nicer than our one doesn't she Hilda?" Bridget gently nudged Hilda's hips.

With Olivia's appearance, Aria's classmates gathered themselves around Olivia introducing themselves and engaged in various conversations, much so that her classmates began to complain about their trainers making comparisons between them and Olivia. She held a grin towards Aria who knows how harsh her training regiment is.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

"Everyone listen up!" Ancel appeared in the centre of the encampment banging his shield constantly. Beside him was a small floating crystal was beside that acted as a microphone enhancing the volume of his voice.

"We'll be making a departure now. Everyone pack your tents, we received word of the Cromor and Alinia armies advancing towards the border. We need to bolster our defences beyond the fortress immediately." 

"Hmm? Is Ancel is leading this battalion? He's moving up the ranks rather quickly." Olivia commented while listening to his announcement.

"Lately I felt as if he became much stronger than before." Aria replied, recalling memories in the dungeon. The most obvious evidence was the strength of his sword swings and magical abilities being much more powerful than when Ancel fought the Fallen that killed Ace.