Chapter 26: Desire In Motion

That night Elora was filled in by Ace on his adventures within the Sacred Dungeon. How he survived and the incoming threat of Vumor. Even with the Dark God mentioned Elora was unfazed by the name.

"Vumor huh... Our elders prophesied such a horrible event and so my kingdom was preparing for such an inevitable future. Yet our preparations came to an end thanks to Regis." Elora said with her hand on her arm.

"Regis... he was the one that killed everyone in the Dungeon. Luna and her trainer were investigating something. Some secret chamber. Yet this trainer died during the investigation and was given an alibi of her death."

Razor tilted his head up in response to Ace's words.

"What? Secret Chamber? That sounds an awful lot like my mission right now... Plus this trainer... was there a name?"

"Ophelia. According to Luna, she was sent for a secret investigation for some underground chambers."

"What?! Ophelia?!" Razor slammed his hands on the table.

Ace's eyes reacted to Razor's sudden reaction almost flinching from the unexpected slam. Turning his direction to him he asked.

"Did you know her?"

"I did back then. But this doesn't add up. They told me she died in the war. She never told me about any of this. And if that's the case, then tomorrow morning you're coming with me, Ace." Razor said in a serious tone.

"To where...?"

"I'll introduce you to Hal. And get you to help me with investigating these chambers. It's my mission but it's better safe than sorry to have you with me Apparently, they recently found out that the kingdom was secretly transporting peasants and slaves years ago."

Huh? Hal? Ace took a mental note of this name.

"Alright, I'll help you for the time being before deciding when to leave."

"Thanks," Razor says as he let out a little sigh of relief.

"Then I'm coming too!" Elora joined in. "How many years have I waited patiently in this house powerless that I can't join you, unknowing that you may never come back. Thanks to Ace I can fight now!"

"Elora... I can't... you must be rusty right? That's why-"

"No Razor! If it has anything to do with Regis' schemes I need to know! I heard slaves, didn't I?! I can't ever be in peak performance without getting out there making sure you'll come home safe!" Elora shouted surprising her husband.

With the two beginning to argue, Ace stepped in between the two.

"Calm down. Let's continue tomorrow. It's getting late, we'll need plenty of rest for whatever we're doing." Ace suggested.

Before continuing their argument they turned their heads towards Ace then looked back at each other both taking a deep breath.

"Yeah... you're right. We have to wake up before Olivia comes over." Razor said.

"I'm still joining you tomorrow! I won't stand out with my transformation! I promise!" Elora still pestering Razor about tomorrow's plans.

"Okay, I get it. *Sigh* If Ace is with us then I'll feel more at ease. For now, let's rest up."

Ace returned to the guestroom provided by Razor and Elora. He sat on top of the bed still having Luna on his mind.

'You better fix that head of yours somehow'

Recalling the dream Ace had of Luna after killing the Fallen version of her. He knew it was just his strong desire to see her that allowed him to see such a dream of delusion. But those words made Ace think hard about his missing memories.