Chapter 23: The Final Floor

Another few days have passed ever since Ace had slain the Fallen Luna, even with the lingering gloominess he emitted Ace continued to proceed to after the remaining floors of the Dungeon.

Throughout his progression Ace had found himself a prized relic treasure for himself. It was no masterwork item compared to the Infinity Blade but it will prove useful to Ace's fights. The relic he found was a retractable shield that is within a light and compact gauntlet, capable of forming a small kite shield on his arm. After playing around with it, Ace can retract and summon the shield at will thinking of the many possibilities of such a device.

"To think Artes called this thing a prototype." As Ace retracted the shield.

"He was the demi-god of crafting after all."

Darklin continued to watch Ace play around with the shield, as Ace attempted to fit the new piece of equipment into his fighting style.

"I wonder what sort of treasure there is here. This has to be the final floor." Ace turned his head looking at Darklin but, Darklin's attention lies elsewhere.

"I would not know but, first we have company." Darklin's eyes began to glow activating his Dragon Sight.

Ace too activated his Dragon sight finding a familiar enemy waiting amidst the Darkness. Their heat signatures were different from regular enemies due to their cold-blooded nature. It was not the first time they encountered these sorts of enemies but they often gave trouble to both Ace and Darklin as they can barely see the heat signatures from the enemies but they can more or less sense their presence.

'[Offensive Art: Dashing Edge: Four-fold]'

In a moment Ace charged towards the cloaked enemies dashing in quick succession where he killed four enemies immediately. Their bodies revealed themselves to be giant lizards capable of cloaking themselves and would ambush the duo when they left their guard down. Fortunately, this was not the first time and Ace learnt to deal with them over time.

"I honestly hate these things." Ace commented.

"The feeling is mutual, but we should not rest. Behind you!" Darklin breathed out a wide flame.

Although Ace was caught in the crossfire, Darklin already received approval to attack even if Ace was caught in the flames. Like Darklin, Ace is resistant to the flames but can only withstand a certain threshold of damage, if Ace were to be hit by a Dark Nova spell he would certainly take tremendous damage.

Watching the cloaked bodies burn, Ace went to finish off the burning bodies, with one slash after the other, knowing that they have taken many of the enemies down. However, although the situation seemed to calm down, Ace felt hissing right beside him, knowing a cloaked enemy near his vicinity. He summoned his retractable shield to block the surprise claw attack from the giant lizard following it up with a shield bash. Ace finished the monster off with his sword slashing its head off.

"If this was the old me I would've been hit." 

"That is true. Better if you get hit than me, this body cannot take a beating."

"That's why I'm the frontliner. Come on this is the last floor, there's bound to be something waiting for us."

The moment Ace was about to walk ahead, Darklin flew onto his shoulder giving a small suggestion to their current plan.

"Perhaps a little break will do. It would be ashamed to let these lizard bodies go to waste. Their bodies will soon turn into mana particles if we do not act soon."

"Ugh... a break huh... we ate lunch quite a while ago too. But eating these things..." Ace held a troubled expression picking up one of their body parts.