Side Chapter: Ace and Luna

July 20XX, 4 Years Before the teleportation of Ace's class.

Ace walked lifelessly towards the library having to experience the death of his mother. He held an apathetic expression throughout his walk not caring at all what may happen to him. Although he lost his last parent he felt empty not knowing what to expect of his life.  Walking like a soulless shell he wandered the neighbourhood. He lived to make his mother proud and now that she is gone it's as if he felt there was no reason to live.

In this time Freya's family has taken him in until Ace is of age to live by himself in his house, provided that if he can move past the death of his mother. But ever since she has long left this world Ace has never been quite the same.

"See you tomorrow Ace!" A young Warren ran off with his equipment but stopped to say goodbye to his friend.

"Ah, good luck in your club activities" Ace replied nonchalantly.

"Thanks, today's the big day I'll win that trophy for sure!" Warren excitedly gestured gripping his fist tightly to show his confidence.

Warren during this time knew nothing of Ace's situation as he just understood that Ace was his usual apathetic self. He ran off to join his other club members while Ace walked alone on his way to the library.

After a few minutes of walking, Ace eventually stepped into the library he was looking for one of the books he often reads titled 'An Empty Human'  a book that Ace relates to himself. The book itself is not popular but rather under-appreciated as quoted by his mother. His mother was a known writer who wrote under a specific pen name it was thanks to her royalties that Ace can live a satisfying life without the need of working but he cannot with the empty feeling in his soul.

He went into the aisle where the book was located. The moment he reached his hands for the book a girl to his right also placed her hands on the same corner of the book.

"Ah, my bad I didn't know this book was also read by someone else." The girl said.

The girl right beside Ace held an intelligent flair, she styled her hair with loose pigtails with a pair of braided tails by the side of her bangs. She wore a Da Vinci academy uniform indicating that she is at least 2 years older than Ace as he is currently in middle school in his 8th year of schooling.

"Oh, it's fine. I already read that book several times. I'll just read something else." Ace said to her.

"You've read Albert's novel that many times? He wasn't that well known of a writer and yet, you know about it." The girl crossed her arms staring with judging thoughts.

"I usually visit this library to read works from authors with similar works." 

"Like who?" The girl asked.

"Uh... Like Albert right there, Dazai, Hines, and Barret..." Ace answered. 

What those writers have in common is that they all committed suicide, but the emptiness in his voice makes me worry. The girl kept this thought to herself returning to the natural flow of the conversation.

"Those are some articulate writers you've got there. It's rare to meet people like you that hold similar interests. I also read Albert's novel a few times as well. He captures the human psyche of struggling individuals very well."

"Yeah... I was told to read his works. His writing sort of resonates with me."

"Right...?! It's too bad he met an unfateful end. His work is slowly getting recognition right after his suicide." The girl's eyes beamed with life, understanding that Ace wasn't just a simple reader.