Chapter 31: A Princess' Tale

"Mother! Tell me that same story from last night again!"

"Huh? Again...? You really do love that same old story don't you?"

A young Yuni playfully hopped on her mother's lap before going to bed. She excitedly kicked her legs in the air back and front waiting for her beloved story to be told.

"Mhm!" A young Yuni let out a bright smile as she looked up to her mother.

"I must've told the same story at least 100 times by now. Come on, sit properly I can't brush your hair properly if you're moving about."

The mother grabbed out a hairbrush and began brushing the young Yuni's silver hair. After a few strokes, she began to tell the story that her daughter wanted to hear.

This story recalls the tales of one of the early Succubi Queens. However, the contents themselves have ultimately transformed a princess' tale. The story Yuni's mother is about to explain is just one of these tales from a compilation of historical stories from previous queens of their bloodline. But this young girl loved a particular story from this compilation.

Her mother began to tell the story.

"A long time ago, a princess named Lecia lived alone in her castle. Through many unfortunate events, her father died in the war against the Darkin forces, and a few years later her mother soon passed away years after. With her parents gone Lecia's livelihood was lost and fell into depression. With nothing to look forward to in life, she quietly waited for days to pass, even if it will be months are even years."

"But one day, in the midst of her usual routine of idling on the balcony she noticed flames rising from the distance. Peaked her head out she watched the nearby village being invaded by monsters varying from orcs and goblins. Although she rarely visited the village, the villagers treated her kindly even though they knew of her mental health and lack of participation as the ruling princess of their domain. In order to pay back their kindness, she grabbed her weapon and ventured into battle."

"Doing her best in the battle killing one enemy to another she assisted the village militia by attracting the hoard away from the village. Nevertheless, her efforts had led her to an enemy ambush leaving the princess surrounded. She awaited her fate, accepting death and regretting her failure as the heir to her parent's legacy."

"But not all hope was lost."

"A passerby knight came to her aid and vanquished the monsters surrounding her. Together they held back the hoard eventually saving the village. Although lives were lost, the village thanked them. The princess' contribution to the battle was enough for women and children to flee to safety and the casualty count was reduced thanks to her rescue. The princess went to thank the knight and pleaded with him to stay for a couple of days. The knight stayed reluctantly and would return to the princess every few days."

"Eventually, the two of them fell in love, the princess who used to be void of life broke through her depression thanks to the knight. Both of them reformed the kingdom with the knight's knowledge and insight with everyone living happy lives under their rule. As the two wed, the princess vowed a contract to follow her lover in the afterlife sacrificing her long life like her forbears. On the last of their days, they smiled happily on their deathbeds."

"*Sigh* There are better Princess Tales from Irena's children chronicle my sweet Yuni. Must I always retell this one? This one is rather short..."

"Of course! It's romantic for a knight in shining armour to come to my aid. Hey, mother when will I meet my special knight?" Yuni eyes beamed with excitement as she looked upwards towards her mother.

"Oh my... I wouldn't know." Her mother smiled.

"I wonder if he'll be as strong and handsome as Father!"