Chapter 64: Slow Movement To The Fields

The march of footsteps echoes across the land. The sounds of clanging metal, the trotting of horses and the idle chatter of soldiers filled the air.

Then everyone stopped, all preparing their tents and stopping for the night. A group of men began piecing together an arch while a group of mages drew a magic circle beneath it. Yet this sight didn't seem to matter for a particular group sitting together.

Aria held a blank expression as she stared at a helmet she was currently holding. A Light yet protective scarlet helmet that Olivia formerly owns. To feel that Oliva would still watch over her, Aria put on her helmet to calm down from the rising tensions of the army. 

"Aria, we aren't heading into battle, you know?" Hilda says, lifting Aria's helmet with the tip of her finger.

"Yeah, you're right." Aria took off the helmet and put it aside. She watched Alan and Warren attempting to start a fire with some nearby flint they found around them.

Warren tried to clash the two rocks, but no spark was coming out. 

"Here, I'll handle it," Alan says confidently.

Alan had more attempts to clash the two flint together but ultimately failed. Freya, who was watching the whole thing, raised an eyebrow in annoyance. 

"Tch, give it to me. I'll show you how to bang these flint together." Freya stood up, grabbing the two rocks. After a quick inspection, she clashed the two together, and sparks flew onto their camp, finally igniting a flame. 

Alan and Warren looked so defeated. Freya had done it quickly in one strike while the two kept failing. 

"As expected from the huntress." Hilda commented.

"It was painful watching these two fail constantly," Freya replied. 

"It would've been easier if one of us had an affinity for fire." Vella said.

"None of us in this group does. And the mages in our class are positioned around the middle." Alan says, throwing a log into the ongoing fire. 

Aria gave an empty gaze to the fire until she felt a tremendous mana source from the builder group making the unusual arc. She looked over where the pressure was coming from, seeing a crystal light up. The magic circle that the mages drew up also lit a glowing blue. 

"What are they building over there?" Vella asked.

"A gate for our reinforcements to come in. They're bringing a bunch of Holy Knights amongst them. This is an important battle for the Kingdom and for us too." Alan explained.

"If we take hold of the fields, our access to the other kingdoms will be opened up. The Dragonstones we need will be even easier to take hold of." Freya added.

"That's right, our ticket way out of here," Warren said.

"How much bloodshed will we experience? There's so many Dragonstones and so many Kingdoms for us to face. Can our whole class even survive?" Hilda says in a concerned tone. 

Alan looked around, checking if anyone was listening in to their conversation. Once the coast was clear, he leaned closer to the group.

"At least we know Ace is alive. Wonder what that guy is doing letting us participate in the war while he's hiding," Alan says in a lower volume than usual.

"I wonder what he's doing, taking advantage that everyone thinks he's dead," Freya says, not worried about anyone around them listening in. 

"Freya... maybe you should tone it down. Ace could be hiding his status for a reason..." Vella says, tapping her shoulder.