Chapter 74: To Prevent That Dream

"Ace, slow down! I can't keep up with you!" Freya shouted.

"You're just slow!" Ace angrily shouted back.

"Ugh! Then go ahead without me if that's the case! I'm sure I'll reach the others on my own."

Ace sighed and slowed down the pace he was running.

"No, it's risky for you if I do that." Ace had calmed down his sudden tone, now running beside Freya.

"Sorry, I really am just slowing you down."

"No... I'm just too fast that's all."

"...How humble. So, I assume there's Fallen aiming for Aria and the others right?"

Ace went quiet, thinking about the dream he had. He kept running, not answering Freya.

"Hey! Don't just be quiet!"

"...Sorry. The dream I had, Aria was alone. And there wasn't any Fallen near her either."

"And how am I supposed to take you seriously?"

He tried to recall Aria's killers but focused too on the smiling girl.

'I swear I've seen her before, that same damned smile... one of Aria's killers. She looked happy to call me her 'executioner.'

"Georgia... was that her name?" Ace muttered.

"What?! That fucking bitch?!" Freya responded angrily.

Flashes of memories ran through Ace's head, images of her smirks as she stood side by side with her friends.

"I remembered someone I shouldn't have." Ace said coldly.

"So you're telling me Georgia is a summoned hero too?!"

"Are you going to bet on my premonition? It might be incorrect."

"You don't sound like you're lying. It sounds too good to be true."

"I don't know. Yuni has mentioned that she dreams about my death a lot. Apparently, in those dreams, I die in all sorts of ways. Maybe I'm overthinking it with Aria's case."

"Let's just return to the others just to be safe-"

"Shit-!"

Their path was interrupted by several knights Ace had recognised from his dream. They all emitted a dark aura that fueled their every movement. They pulled out their weapons, preparing for battle.

"From memory, they're just moving pieces of armour. I'll wipe them out in one spell. [Dark Nova]!" Ace held out his hand, gathering mana to the palm of his hand and unleashed a dark bolt that exploded in the enemy's direction.

BOOM!

The Fallen had been blasted away but stood back up, barely feeling a tingle of damage from his attack.

"That didn't work?"

"Firing dark magic at things that look like they're resistant to dark magic. Real genius Ace!" Freya said in a sarcastic manner.

"Tsk, Damn it, Darklin. Then I'll use my flames. [Dark Flame Barrage]."

Several waves of dark flaming spears appeared beside Ace. They all flew towards the Fallen's direction, burning away their armour.

Immediately, the two felt the Fallen surround them. Dark mana drops emerged from the ground, conjuring a living armour to encircle the two.

Freya pulled out her bow and aimed her weapon towards the sky.