Chapter 73: Internal Conflict

"[ULTIMA ART: GALE FORCE]!" Aria had shouted with all her might summoning the winds by her side. The wind vibrated throughout the area, pushing back the soldiers from the gust of air swirling around Aria's body.

"You can't stop me in this form now!"

Everyone had watched Aria's blue eyes suddenly glow from a bright blue to a sinister crimson red. Despite

Glowing eyes in correspondence to one's natural eye colour was one thing, but a drastic colour change is another. This led the soldiers to understand what kind of enemy they were facing.

"Her eyes?!"

"That's not her natural eye colour!"

"Demon! She's a fucking demon! Don't underestimate her! Everyone return into position now- GUWAH!"

Aria had fired a [Gale Thrust] towards the commanding soldier. With one thrust of her spear, a single wind-based projectile was powerful enough to blast through a hole into the soldier's chest.

"It's fine! We outnumber this hero so- Huh?" A soldier was about to take over for command until he found himself floating away from the ground.

"Fuck me! Georgia, this isn't an easy target!" Gorgon shouted.

Georgia felt the wind current slowly engulfing the area and immediately chanted a [Wind Veil] to herself and those around her.

'She's gathering mana?!'

"EVERYONE PUT UP A MAGIC BARRIER NOW!" Georgia commanded.

Half of Aria's enemies reacted in time to Georgia's instructions, while the other half was already too late in Aria's spell. She had already caught the men using the currents violently lifting them in the air high enough that the impact below would surely kill them. The winds had swirled into a cyclone forming around Aria, who stood idly hearing the soldiers' cries.

[Slashing Anemo]

"GAAAH!"

"AAAH!"

"NO-! NO!!!"

With Aria forming a giant cyclone around herself, the airborne enemies received a series of cuts and slices across their bodies. The elemental winds had ravaged their bodies, killing those who lacked defensive capabilities and levels to withstand the strength of Aria's spell.

"FALL!" Aria shouted.

Surrounding Aria was waves of raining bodies tumbling down as each soldier met their ends on the ground. The sounds of their splattering had caused Aria to smirk, pointing her spear in Georgia's direction as if she were saying.

'You're next.'

Mika darted her eyes over to Georgia with a serious expression.

"GEORGIA! WHAT KIND OF PSYCHO DID YOU BRING HERE?! SHE WIPED OUT HALF OUR MEN IN AN INSTANT!"

Even with the smallest openings, Aria took this opportunity to dash towards Mika. She slipped by the guards aiming a spear straight through her chest. It had only taken Mika a second to realise the danger coming for her as soon as Aria's foot had left the ground.

"No way-!"

"Not letting you bitch!" One of the Heroes jumped between Aria and Mika, preparing to block the attack with his glaive. With Aria under the effects of [Galeforce], wind surrounded her, empowering her every move and speed.

The wind current had dulled the chance to block Aria's attack leaving him vulnerable for a few moments.

Aria twirled her spear breaking the hero's guard. She followed up with a slash cutting off his hand with the blade, and finished him off by penetrating the spear through his chest.