Chapter 2 - The Rebellious Son

NATHAN POV

I'm Nathan James Lewis 17 years old and a werewolf from Blue Crest Moon. It is considered to be the strongest pack here in Yorkshire. My Dad is our current Alpha and he is well respected in every pack that even hunters and rouges don't wanna cross him or our borders. My Mom on the other hand is the Luna and one of the best fighters but her main responsibility is the women and children's safety.

Being the only child I was the next in line to be the Alpha so my Dad personally trains me harder than any normal wolves. He put me on every pack meetings with rouges and attacks.

I am also studying at Roundhay with Thomas and we are on our last year. It was the same school that my girlfriend of six months was enrolled at. My parents detest our relationship but I didn't listen to them.

After what happened at school we decided to ditch the class and just spend it in my room. We make out and watched movies all throughout until the credits starts rolling.

"Babe, why aren't you marking me yet?" She speaks up.

"You knew I have to wait to be eighteen, right?" I justified her.

"But I am your mate why do we have to wait that long? Don't you feel our connection?" She whined.

"I... uhmm... do." I became hesitant.

Don't get me wrong but my wolf doesn't feel right with her. It's like something is missing and I don't know what it is.

"Please claim me now I love you." She cooed me.

In a blink of an eye I was ready to do what she wanted. It was shortly interrupted when my Dad burst through the door.

"Nathan James Lewis! Get the hell off that girl now!" He demanded.

I immediately let go of Danica since my dad used his Alpha tone on me.

"Please leave young lady. We need to speak to our son alone." Mom emphasized the word.

"Get the hell out in this room before I banish you from this pack!" He pointed at Danica.

"Y---yes Alpha Damien." My girlfriend stuttered.

Danica literally dragged her clothes with her since I insisted she wears my jersey today after all.

"Don't threaten her!" I growled.

"NEVER GROWL AT ME YOUNG MAN! I'M STILL YOUR FATHER AND THE ALPHA OF THIS PACK!" Dad lunged at my neck.

His wolf is now on the surface and he hates it when he was disrespected. I can't believe it myself since I never did raise my voice on them.

"DAMIEN! CALM DOWN!" Mom yelled.

She touched Dad's arm and his reflexes soon reacted. He let my neck go while both of us our panting.

"Are you okay Nathan?" Mom rushed to my side.

"This better be the last time you acted foolish against me or your mother. Or I will not be responsible for next time." Dad's eye finally met mine.

"For Goddess sake Damien are you trying to kill our son?!" Mom voiced out.

"Can't you see what he is doing Sophia? He's been wasting his life on that girl while his mate is somewhere out there. Who probably held by rouges or worse she could be dead." Dad made his point.

My wolf got tensed hearing about my mate but a part of me still rejecting that idea. It was the reason we always argue until he got fed up and seldom communicate with me.

"Danica is my mate!" I claimed.

"Get your head straight and find your real mate! I will not repeat this again Nathan James." Dad gritted his teeth.

"I will mark her whether you like her or not!" I balled my fist.

"If you don't even know how to respect us I might as well disown you. Maybe your Uncle Thomas is way better to be an Alpha!" Dad roars.

"You can't stop me!" I sneered.

He was about to charge on me again but Mom gets in between. My Dad cannot harm her and she's the only one who can calm him.

"Damien please go back to our room and let me handle this before your wolf do something you will regret." Mom motioned her hand.

"Make sure to knock some sense to your son's thick brain Sophia. I am losing all my patience with his attitude." Dad stormed out.

He closed the door with a banging sound while Mom guides me to the bed.

"I'm sorry your father has to be harsh on you. You knew that it's against our law to claim someone who isn't your mate Nathan. Giving up your mate for Danica is not even worth it." Mom sat beside me.

'Your Mom is right Nathan. Danica is not our mate.' My wolf cuts in.

'It doesn't matter what you all think! Thomas can have the position for all I care!' I still feel pissed.

'Fine! Be that way but don't come running for my help to find our mate!' Blaze blocked me again.

Great! He went back to hibernate and I couldn't reach him again. I was in still in my own thoughts when Mom shook me.

"Are you listening to me Nathan?" Mom snapped her fingers in front of my face.

"I... uhmm... yes Mom." I stammered.

"You are my son and I know when you are lying." Mom caught me.

"Sorry Mom what were you saying again." I lowered my head.

"As I was saying I want you to break it up with Danica before you or your mate gets hurt." She repeated the same lecture.

"Why do you hate her and our relationship Mom?" I sighed.

"I just don't like her for you and believe me Danica is not your mate." She placed her hand on my head.

"She is my mate why don't you try to accept that?" I insisted.

"Tell me do you feel any emotions aside from lust when she's with you? Does your wolf give the sign that it is her?" Her statement made me silence.

"I don't care about those things. All I know and want is for Danica to be my mate." I groaned in frustration.

"In time you will understand us when you find your mate." She gave my hand a light squeeze.

"What if I failed to find her in two weeks?" I voiced out my thoughts.

"Moon Goddess will not let it happen and I'm certain she already had it all planned. Promise me you never give up on your mate." She cupped my cheeks.

"I will try my best." I didn't lie this time.

"That's better than giving up so I will take that. Now I better check your father before he trash things in our bedroom." She softly laughed.

"Thanks Mom." I uttered.

"It's my pleasure my son. Remember we love you and just want the best for you." She kissed my forehead.

The moment Mom left I decided to check on Danica on our link but it's shut off. I don't know why but I have a feeling she is the one for me. I just need to prove to my parents and to my wolf that she is my mate. I decided tomorrow I'll just talk to her and relay my plans of marking her. 

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine