Chapter 28 - The Casted Spell

ASHLEY POV

I can tell Thomas was shocked to see me with Nathan coming out from the room. He gave me the protective brother aura so we made a deal to tell him with Kaylin. At the school's parking grounds my best friend is waiting Kaylin and she got the same expression as Thomas. It was then we revealed we're but leaving the truth behind my identity.

"Now we're legally related Ashley although its going to be weird calling me brother since Nathan is my nephew." Thomas scratched his neck.

"You ate your own words sissy. Ha ha ha!" Kaylin laughed.

"Anyway we better head to the class now." Thomas held Kaylin's hand.

"What does Kaylin meant baby?" Nathan grilled me.

"Well... uhmm... you see I planned to reject whoever my mate is. Because of my insecurities for being an orphan I used to think that no one will love me." I found the ground amusing right now.

"Jade, I will love you no matter what or who you are that's a promise. Besides I had the same thoughts before so it's just fair we forget it." Nathan pecked my lips.

We walked hand in hand inside the building when somebody stopped us.

"So you are the bitch that's been whoring around Nathan." Danica start talking nonsense.

"HOW DARE YOU TALK TO HER THAT WAY!" Nathan balled his fist.

"Nathan please come back to me and forget about her." Danica came closer to him.

"STAY AWAY FROM NATHAN!!" I yelled at her.

Nathan blocked me before I could do anything. Danica seems frightened but masked it.

"Don't stop me from killing her!" I spat at Nathan.

'Baby you need to relax before you exposes yourself. She could be Garret's minion considering she's a witch.' Nathan mindlinked me.

'Nathan's right Ash listen to him.' Silver cohere with him.

"She's not worth it." Nathan fingers brushed my mark.

"I knew you still care about me babe." Danica battled her eyelashes at Nathan.

"Let me get this loud and clear Danica I will never show you any concerns. Now go before I lose my temper because believe me I am in the edge of killing you right now." Nathan growled at her.

"Fine." Danica just smirked.

I don't know what happened because suddenly I and Nathan are standing outside the castle with Hector.

"Miss Ashley!! Are you okay? Are you hurt?" Hector shook me.

"Wh--hat happened??" My senses were back.

"I had a vision you will be casted a spell but I think I'm too late. I'm sorry Miss Ashley." Hector bowed his head.

"Where is Danica? How did we get here? Who are you?" Nathan eyed Hector.

"Nathan, I'm Hector your mate's Guardian and I blast you here. If you're referring to the girl earlier she's at school." Hector introduced himself.

"I'm sorry for my rudeness. It's a pleasure to meet you finally." Nathan extended his hand.

"Same here I've been watching you for quite some time." Hector accepted the handshake.

I can tell what Hector was referring to so I had to intervene before these two guys created a scene.

"Hector what was the spell all about." I stepped in the middle.

"I'm not exactly sure but if the spell already worked then that's the reason you can't remember what happened." Hector rubs his chin.

"Why didn't you tell me immediately? How come I was being spelled?" I snarled annoyingly.

"Miss Ashley, I tried to get to you as fast as I can but it's like a wall is blocking me from getting here. I deeply apologize for coming late." Hector kneeling on the ground.

"Stand up Hector please." I lifted him up.

"Thank you Miss Ashley. Did you already tell him about our conversation?" Hector switched his gaze to Nathan.

"Yup he already knew everything." I confirmed with a nod.

"With regards to your question about being affected it's because you u haven't train your last skills and you don't wear the necklace." Hector pointed at my now bare neck.

I remember I left it at the shower's faucet and I forgot to wear it back.

"Are you talking about this?" Nathan wiggled it to the air.

"Yes!" I exclaimed.

"I found it on the top of the sink I was about to give it to you when Danica appeared." Nathan clasped the necklace again to me.

"Miss Ashley, please never take off the necklace whatever it takes. It will serve as your protection to every supernatural. Nathan since you got the necklace you were protected so only you can remember the spell." Hector elaborates.

Sit in ipsa veritas explicare.

(Let the truth unfold)

Obliviscaris quod indicator

(Forget what is told)

"That is all I remember. What does it mean?" Nathan recites the words correctly.

"If my suspicions are right by now Danica knew Nathan is your mate Miss Ashley." Hector has a grim expression.

"Then let's finish the training Hector we don't have much time now. They will be after me and proceed with their plan." I set forth suggestively.

"We will Miss Ashley but first we have to master the four elements. As soon as you accomplished those you're ready for the last one." Hector detailed further.

"Hector I have some questions." Nathan cuts in.

"Shoot." Hector nodded.

"You have been Ashley's Guardian since she was born so why didn't you tell her she is the Pura Lupus heir? Why did you let her suffer for 18 years as an orphan?" Nathan scrutinized him.

"Because I am ordered and I can't precede what's bound to happen. I can't reveal myself to Miss Ashley until she is close to her 18th birthday and her power starts to come out. The only time I can do it is when she met her mate. Once again Miss Ashley forgive me for my behaviour." He kneeled down.

"I understand Hector, please stand up. Ever since we started doing trainings, you made me learned a lot of things like patience and determination. I thank you for being my good friend, Trainor, and my Guardian so there's nothing to forgive at all but who did the orders?" My head filled with more questions.

"Please come with me it's time for me to show you something." Hector gestured his hand.

Nathan and I followed him inside the tunnel. I have high hopes that whatever is at the end of this path will clear my mind.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine