Chapter 6 - The Caring Friend

ASHLEY POV

I opened my eyes and the smell of antiseptic filled the small room. Realization hit me I'm at school's clinic with drips in one of my hands. I found Kaylin sitting in front of me dozing off.

She's a Beta's daughter and same age as me. Her family status never became a hindrance for us to be friends. They used to visit the orphanage and we always play tea party or do all the silly things. I love her to death and since then we're inseparable together with Kalvin.

"Ashley, Sissy! Oh God you are awake now." Kaylin exclaimed and helped me with the bottle.

"What happened? Why am I here Sissy?" I drank the refreshing water.

"You passed out after screaming while my idiotic twin and Nathan are fighting. Good thing Nathan caught you before you hit the ground. Are you okay?" She touched my head.

"I'm fine now but I was more concerned about Nathan carrying me and not Kalvin." I put a hand on my head.

"Let's just say Nathan was faster to catch you since Kalvin was underneath him." She informed me.

My wolf suddenly gets antsy and a part of my mind didn't mind the idea.

"I guess he still have conscience left in his soul and not just a pure twit." I stand up from the bed.

"Yeah including my dumbass brother." Her unusual comeback.

"I can't believe you're cursing Kal." I turned my head to her.

"They didn't stop bickering while you were lying unconscious to the world! First they fight who will carry you then next who will stay. I swear those two will never get along." She rolled her eyes.

"Where are they now?" I watched her reaction.

"Kalvin went home while Nathan was dragged by Tom I meant Thomas." She threw the empty bottle at the bin.

"I know the feeling I'm glad they are gone otherwise I'll hit another headache." I started taking the tapes off my hand.

Moments later the nurse arrived and unhooked the IV. She placed small cotton to the part where the needle was injected. Before she left she reminded me to refrain from working too hard and eat healthy foods. We thanked her and started gathering my stuff.

"What time is it Sissy?" I reached for my iPhone.

It was an early birthday present from Kaylin and Kalvin since they've been nagging me to change my old mobile.

"It's 1300 now and don't you dare go to work." She scolds me like a child.

"What?! You mean to tell me I've been unconscious for three hours?" My eyes widen.

"Yeah and it was due to stress so I can't allow you to work today." She shook her head as no.

"Come on you know I can't slack at work my Boss is expecting me since we have a lot of orders these days." I pouted.

"Mother Ester will surely have my head if I did." She retorted.

"I am better now and promise I will go home as soon as I finished. Please sissy with the cherry on top I really need to go." I gave my best puppy eyes.

"Fine! Be thankful I love you." She caved in.

"Thank you! Thank you!" I hugged her tight.

"Come on I'll take you since your shift will start soon." She motioned her head.

Usually I take bus going to my workplace but not today. The next bus schedule is an hour away and I'll not make it in time.

"I owe you a lot!" I reached for my backpack.

We exited the building and head to Kaylin's car. Once again I had a feeling that someone is watching over me but I brushed it off. Twenty minutes later we are outside the pastry shop.

"Are you sure you're really okay to work today? I can talk to your boss and tell her to give you a leave. I'm sure she will understand." She looked at my direction.

"For the umpteenth time Sissy I'm okay. Don't worry about me it's just a simple faint plus I felt better after sleeping for three hours." I convinced her.

It was a partial truth because I can still feel the throbbing headache.

"Call me if you need a ride later okay?" She checked her watch.

With that little action and the random questions while driving about a dress I knew she will be going out on a date again.

"Who is your new prospect this time huh? Don't deny it your action speaks louder." I cornered her.

"He is... uhmm... Tom." She sheepishly replied.

"You mean Tom as in Thomas my brother?" I raised an eyebrow.

It was a habit of mine to call him that way like Mom to Mother Ester. He is actually named after his grandfather so that makes him the second. His father died from rouge attack so it was only Mother Ester who raised him. No wonder we get along just fine because of our similarity. The only odds are he still got his mother while I have no one.

"Yeah he wants me to go out with him tonight. I couldn't say no and plus he is so damn hot!" She bats her eyelashes.

"Ewww!! I don't wanna hear you're lusting over him that's gross." I unfasten my seatbelt.

"I think he is my mate." She uttered in low voice.

"OH MY GOD! Really?" I squealed.

"Yeah but I'll tell you details later. Now go I need to find the perfect dress." She shoved me playfully.

"I'm running late anyway love yah!" I kissed her cheek.

"Love yah loads!" She copied me.

I waved at her then head inside the shop and put on my apron. During my working hours I can't help but think about Nathan and his changing attitude. All those years in school he pranks me most of the time it only gets worse when he started dating Danica. Now all of a sudden he is playing the guilty card and being nice.

'Give him the benefit of the doubt Ash. Maybe he is really sincere otherwise he won't apologize.' My wolf sided him.

'Seriously Silver you are taking his side.' I couldn't believe it.

'I am just being rational. Think about it Nathan don't apologize and accept his fault.' She made her point.

'Fine you won. Now I need to block you since where already in human world and working.' I closed our link.

I continue making the batter and prepared the oven. By the way my job is Junior Chef and I've been working here since I was 16. I'm so grateful to Ms. Wells, the owner she was the one who gave me the break. She is a human and doesn't know the werewolf exists. 

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine