Chapter 41 - The Clouded Mind

NATHAN POV

I was still in the library with Steve when I suddenly felt a severe headache but I brushed it off thinking it's just because of the pack issues and dad's missing incident. After we discussed few things I went to the kitchen and prepared my mate's breakfast like I always do. I head back to my room and find my mate is already up and smiling at me.

"Hi babe... I missed you." She purred at me.

I kissed her lips and felt odd by calling me babe. It's always Nate or baby but the spark and the scent is the same but not as intense like before.

"I missed you too how was your sleep?" I placed the tray down.

"It's okay is this for me?" She stared at it as if I don't do it everyday.

"Of course." I keep on debating with myself watching her.

"You wanna eat with me?" She offered but I declined.

"It's okay I really made it for you. Go eat while I'm going in the shower." I went straight to the bathroom.

"I could join you babe." She acts seductively.

She started making her hand way downsouth then again she repeated the babe word.

"I would love too but you're still sore from last night. I'll be right back okay?" I suggested.

She pouted when I removed her hands that I felt safer. When I reached the bathroom I blocked everyone including my strange mate.

'There's something wrong with our mate Nathan. Why does the spark is different?' Blaze noticed.

'You felt it too?' I became more anxious.

'But Ashley never called us babe and there's only one person I know with that expression.' My wolf logically detects.

'I know what should we do?' I wait for his opinion.

'Check her mark and her ring!' Blaze suggested.

'I swear if she's Danica I'll kill her and tear her limb by limb.' I balled my fist.

I went out of the bathroom fully clothed and saw my mate in front of the mirror. She was twirling and touching her face.

"Is everything okay babe?" I emphasized the last word.

"Yes I just realized I didn't have make up." She giggled.

She made me more suspicious since she doesn't wear makeup only when working. I just nodded and make my way to her with one goal to my surprise they are present.

'She wears the mark and the ring Blaze!' I checked it twice.

'But why was the spark is different?' He observed.

'I don't know I'm so confused right now. Maybe the effect of heat was gone and she's acting normal.' I proposed.

'Let's just keep an eye on her for a while.' Blaze sides with me.

"Babe, is everything alright? Why are you staring at me like that?" My strange mate shook me a little.

"I am just admiring your beauty." I lied.

"Thank babe anyway can we go to the town today?" She seems to buy it.

"Uhmm... I can't go with you babe we need to train remember and I have some pack meetings to do." I keep my act.

"Can't the training and the meetings wait? I've missed hanging out with you." She pouted.

Now this is really getting weird the mate that I know and spend time with will always consider or consistently nag me to choose the Pack before her. This girl who allegedly is my mate is not even near that attitude.

"Why don't you go to town with Kaylin instead of so you can bond with her?" If she's really Ashley it will excite her.

"It's you I wanna spend more time with." She somehow gets irritated.

"I promise we will but for now you need some girly time." I studied her.

"Kaylin is busy and probably out somewhere." She tried to reason out.

"I will tell her to come here and pick you up. Go spend time with her so you will not complain to me again." I saw her face scowled.

"Fine! One condition kiss me and I will go with her." She demanded.

At the back of my mind and Blaze we don't even want to touch her until we figured out her weird act. Although she has the mark and the ring I'm not satisfied.

"I gotta go. Be safe!" I pulled away as soon as her lips touched mine for some seconds.

As soon as I was out of Jade's sight I mindlinked Thomas to call Kaylin. I run down to her about my mate's sudden odd behaviour. Since Kaylin knows her from head to toe she will know if she's fake or not.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine