Chapter 49 - The Weeping Soul

NATHAN POV

Vanessa and King Anthony. The same day our transfusion was done but still there are no changes with my mate.

It's been a month since the fight and no signs of her getting better or being healed. She is in the same situation as she was the first day I carried her. I never left Jade's side in hopes that one morning she will finally opened her blue eyes that made me mesmerized. Everyday our parents, friends including the pack members send notes for her and some gave flowers.

All of them wish for her to recover so I could lead the pack and watched them. I still remember the day that I refused to take the Proclamation as their new Alpha since I still don't have Jade with me and they understand.

(FLASHBACK --- one month ago)

Three days after the transfusion my body was able to go recover. Right now I am sitting beside Jade when my parents and her parents came in.

"Nathan, I know it's not the right time but we need to discuss something important." Dad peeked at my mate's sleeping body.

"What is it Dad?" I stroked Jade's hand.

"Nathan, we all know tomorrow is your birthday and supposed to be the Proclamation of your position." He stands beside me.

"Dad, it's not that I'm rejecting the position but I would like to postpone it if you can. I hope you won't be upset about my sudden decision." I declined.

"I'm sure Valerie will understand Nathan and she will be happy for you." Vanessa encouraged me.

"Without Jade by my side I can't take the position or find a reason to celebrate it Jade is here at bed while I'm here alive. When she wakes up and I know she will that will be the time for me to accept it. I hope you understand." I didn't let go of Jade's hand.

"We understand you sweetie and expected that that's why we came here to tell you we have decided to postpone it." Mom smiled.

"Nathan, we have seen how you cared and love our daughter deeply and for that we thank you. We are proud that you're our daughter's mate." Anthony tapped my shoulder.

"Thank you Anthony. I'm sure if Jade can hear us she will be very happy." I smiled to them.

"We also know you're still blaming yourself for what happen but please remember it wasn't your fault. As a matter of fact you came in time to save her and it is your blood that helped her survived the fatal death. Your presence alone is keeping our daughter partly alive and that is enough for us to give us hope and everyone that she will heal eventually." Vanessa added.

"Thank you." I uttered.

"Son we also came here for another reason... the book. We managed to retrieve it and now we can get Michael and Hector back." Vanessa showed a brown thick book.

"But how?" I questioned curiously.

"We need to summon one elder of each supernatural human being to get their blood but the book can only be read with someone with witch blood or lineage." Anthony directly implied to Mom.

"I haven't done any spells nor touched the book but I will do my best to do the necessary ritual." Mom gets Anthony's word.

"What does Anthony mean Mom?" I interrupted them.

"Son, your mother's side has a blood of witch by the name of Sylvia Payne..." Dad narrates our connection with her.

Now I understand why we were able to remember the spell that Danica did to me and Jade. They bid goodbye and advised me to wait until they are back with the Guardians.

(END OF FLASHBACK)

On that same day Michael appeared and did the healing process but to no avail Jade is still on weak state.

"Hi baby, can you hear me? Please wake up I need you and so as your parents and our pack." I continued to talk to her.

My mate's glowing skin is still pale and a strong heartbeat was replaced with weak one. I can only wish and pray that Moon Goddess helps her. My eyes began to close and once again I drifted off to sleep.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine