Chapter 17 - The Needed Advice

ASHLEY POV

It's weekend so I woke up early and get myself ready. I decided to wear my black cotton jeans and white long loose sleeve with cream blazer. I choose my small bag that matches my black pants and wear my sunglasses. On my way to the kitchen my best friend came in.

"Where were you all night? Uncle Steve was calling me nonstop asking and what happened to your face? Did you and Thomas fight?" I rushed to Kaylin's side.

"Alpha Damien caught us almost doing the deeds at Tom's room." Kaylin looks flustered.

"Are you out of your mind? Did you forget about your Dad's only request?" I was shocked and smiling at the same time.

"I swear I would lose my V-card when Alpha Damien didn't come in." She's blushing like lobster.

"Stop thinking about my brother you're making me puke." I placed a hand on my mouth.

"Do you think he will tell Dad about it?" She began to panic.

"I hope not and as long as you stay INTACT until graduation you are safe after that you can do whatever you want." I sat her on the couch.

"I can't help it he is so damn HOT!" She emphasized the word.

"What do you prefer losing your virginity or Alpha telling Uncle Steve about what he saw? For sure they will ground you and won't let you see Thomas." I let my best friend think.

"You're right and if that happens I don't know what Dad could do to Tom." She finally realized.

"Wait! Were you with Thomas the whole night?" I remembered my earlier question.

"Yes because we were doing the research on our thesis and then next thing we knew it's already late so I stayed the night." She talks without a break.

"You could've at least text me so I'll know what to say to Uncle Steve." I hit her arm.

"I tried calling you last night but you didn't pick up." She reasoned out.

It must have been slipped my mind because I didn't check my phone when I arrived last night. I scanned the miscalled and I got two from her.

"I'm already sleeping so I didn't get it my bad. Anyway I lied to Unlce saying you were sick." I put the phone back in my pocket.

"That's my guess too anyway please don't tell Dad about it. Please Ashy with a cherry on top I'll buy your Cookie Dough & Fudge Brownies ice cream." She did her best puppy look.

"You don't need to bribe me of course I'll keep my mouth shut but this is the last time I'm bailing you out. Avoid getting intimate with my brother as much as you both can please. We can get into trouble with your stunt if Uncle Steve finds out or worse Kalvin." I gave in with my own condition.

"I'm sorry I didn't think about the consequences. Don't worry about Dad or my overprotective twin I know you can handle them especially my brother. He is still stuck up with his feelings for you." She giggled a little.

"We already talked about it when he picked me up." I told her the details.

"That's good to know you are still in good terms with him. I don't want to be in between or choose when the two most important people in life are arguing." She sighed with relief.

"It will not happen sissy now fix yourself and get into the shower before Uncle Steve arrives." I saw her almost turned pale.

"OMG!! Thanks for reminding me! You're really a life saver Sissy!!" She hugged me tight.

"Yeah yeah now go!" I shooed her.

"Wait! Speaking of mate in eight days Nathan will have a birthday party to find his mate. Maybe it's going to be you since you're still mateless." Her face lights up.

"I don't wanna have false hope Sissy plus have you forgotten what he did to me?" I frowned.

"Yeah I remember but that's already in the past and he apologized." Kaylin pointed out.

"Actually we talked the other day at the library..." I started telling her except the almost kiss.

"If that's the case give him the benefit of the doubt maybe he really changed now." She's right though.

"I know but even he ended up being my mate I need to reject him." I informed her.

"Be careful you might eat your own words Sissy. There is also a law that you can't reject your mate." She teased me.

I was about to say something when Silver suddenly growled at me.

'You can't! I won't allow that! You will not reject our mate!' Silver suddenly shouted and blocked me out.

"I just realized you have the same birthday as him weird right?" Kaylin reminds me.

I'm turning 18 next week same date as the future Alpha's son. The day I need to find my mate or after my last training will also be my last existence if I can't be healed. I only have wished though if that happens I want to know who my real parents are.

"Hey! You okay sissy?" Kaylin nudged my shoulder.

"Yeah I was just thinking... there are a lot of people having the same birthday so I don't see it as weird." I quoted her word.

"Wait! Did you able to tell Nathan about her bitchy witchy ex plan?" Her choice of words somehow rhymes.

"Do you honestly think I can just say... Nathan you know your ex was a witch and her Dad too! You think he will believe me?" I retaliate with her.

"It's up to him if he trusts your words or not but at least he knows." She stood up.

"Honestly I'm trying to avoid him." I followed her in the kitchen.

"I'm sure there is a reason why you're avoiding him but I won't push you to tell me. I'll just be here when you're ready to talk about it." She grabbed an apple.

"I know anyway does Thomas knew about Danica's plan?" I took a cereal bar.

"Yes but we got caught up with kis--" She started her daydreaming mode.

"I better head to work before you start that talk." I cut her off.

"This early? I thought you're in sick leave?" She forgets her dreaming moments for a while.

"There are orders that we need to check and I need to be there thirty minutes early before the delivery van comes at the wedding venue on 6ish." I checked the time.

"The car key is on the coffee table." She points her head at the couch.

Every weekend Kaylin let me borrow her car since she insisted it's much faster and safer to get to town her words. I'm glad she offered it instead of riding the stressful bus.

"Thanks! I'll see you later." I kissed her cheek and she did too.

"Message me when you will be home so I can make dinner!" She yelled from the kitchen.

"I will." I fetched the key.

I drove off and tuned in to my favourite music. 

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine