Chapter 32 - The Mate's Ring

NATHAN POV

Hector used his teleportation and brought us back to Kaylin's flat specifically Jade.

"Why did you bring us here instead to the pack house?" I placed my mate carefully at bed.

"This is the only place that my mind can come up since my abilities have limits." Hector sat down by the windowsill.

"Hector how long she needs to be unconscious until she is healed? I don't understand why she isn't responding yet it's been five hours since she fainted." I removed the excess hair on Jade's face.

"This is to be expected since you haven't mated yet." He comfortably expressed.

"With all the things that happens it's the last priorities in our mind." I held my mate's hand.

"Don't worry she will be fine Nathan you just need to be by her side while she's in that state." Hector gave his word.

"Hector do you really think Jade can defeat Garret considering she just trained for a few days and Garret could have years of practise? I have faith in Jade but Garret is very powerful." I partly doubted.

"We need to believe in her Nathan. She is our only hope to win this battle and I will do my best to protect her from him." Hector strongly attests.

"Do you like my mate Hector?" I suppressed Blaze growl.

"If you meant if I'm interested to her as a woman then no Nathan. I only see her as a friend or more like a sister after all she's our future Queen and whatever happens, my loyalty remains to her." He gave me an assurance.

"Thanks for guarding her but I have another question." I furrowed my brows.

"Ask away." He crossed his arms.

"If you knew all along that I'm her mate then why didn't you tell her or me?" I was puzzled.

"I cannot interfere what the Moon Goddess destined to happen. I can only watch her and you from a distance until you both find each other. I knew everything from the start Nathan so I wasn't fond of you earlier." Hector poured his resentment.

"I'm not denying it and I understand your grudge towards me. If I am in your position I'll do the same but I've change Hector. I love her with all my heart and more than my life could offer. I will not let anyone hurt her again not even Garret." I stared at Jade.

"I know and I can see that I'm just glad she didn't reject you like she planned it. Otherwise I have to hit her head so she will take it back." Hector chuckled.

"I did get a smacked from my parents though but kidding aside I don't even know why my mind was so made up with the idea of claiming other woman than her." I put on a blanket to Jade.

"Believe it or not but you were under a spell because of the ring that Danica gave you." He revealed.

"Now it's all clear why I was acting strange. Is there any way I can protect myself from a spell or even Garret?" I creased my brows.

"Yes but I'm afraid you can't use it now." Hector claimed with a frown.

"Why?" I inquired more.

"The last one who wore it was King Anthony. It's a ring with charmed triquetra symbol that was only meant for the Pura Lupus mate. Just like the book that's been passed through generations it is protected. The ring and the Princess's necklace are given during Successors Ceremony in the Kingdom then both bloods of the next in line will be joined on that ring." He discussed clearly.

"Do you have any idea where King Anthony is?" I piled more questions.

"No I don't so the only way for you to protect her for now is by mating. Once the heat occurs you need to do it to help her heal faster and make your bond stronger." Hector advised.

We remained in silence while watching my mate lying on her bed. Hours later I felt my eyes are getting heavier when Jade began stirring up.

"Na---than." She finally opened her eyes.

"Baby... thank God you're awake!" I reached for her hand.

"How long I was out?" She tried to sit down.

"A day baby." I helped her up.

"How are you feeling Princess?" Hector was alerted too.

"I'm okay. Where's my phone?" She searched around.

"Do you need anything baby?" I fetch her phone out of my pocket.

"Just a glass of water please thanks." Ashley requested.

"Right on it baby." I kissed her lips.

I left them for a moment and went to the kitchen. I was whistling some tune like a madman when I got a phone call.

(PHONE CONVERSATION)

Thomas: Where are you and Ashley? (His tone seems frantic)

Me: I'm at Kaylin's flat Ashley why... what's wrong? (I suddenly got tensed)

Thomas: Your father has been gone since yesterday morning and Sophia has been ill since then. (He speaks fast with clarity)

Me: I'll be there in fifteen. (I hang up the phone)

(END OF PHONE CONVERSATION)

'We can't go home yet our mate needs us too. Remember she is also unwell.' Blaze reminded me.

'Oh damn right! We need to take her with us.' I prompted.

As soon as I get back in the room Ashley can sense my raging emotions.

"Thomas called something happened at the pack house. We need to go baby." I briefly clue in.

"I can't I need to go and talk to Mr. Wells. He is my key to see my mother." She declined.

"What you mean?" I handed over the water to her.

"Mr. Wells is my mother's Guardian." Ashley blurted out.

"I'll come with you then." I offered firmly.

"No Nathan the pack needs you now. I'll just come there as soon as I'm done talking with Mr. Wells." She suggested.

"But I can't leave you here unprotected I want you by my side." I argued with her.

"Don't worry about me I have Hector. He will tell me if there's something wrong." Ashley touched my mark.

Oh God! How can I even say no if she do this?! She really knows how to make me submit.

"Call me in our link whatever happens." I compromised with her.

"I will. Go, the pack needs you." She kissed my cheek.

"I love you baby so much." I pecked her lips instead.

"Love you more." Ashley leads me to the door.

I left them in hasty and drove to the pack house with the thought of my father's whereabouts. I just hope it's not what I think it is.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine