Chapter 9 - The Uncle's Mate

NATHAN POV

Around ten o'clock at night when Thomas arrived with a perky mode. I wonder what made him act like that. Since I couldn't sleep I knocked on his bedroom and bug him.

"Hey man! How was your date?" I heard him whistling.

"Great and I finally found her... my mate." Thomas is grinning from ear to ear.

"Wow! Congrats! Who is she?" I do a bro/man hug.

"It's Kaylin." His blue eyes became more prominent.

"Now I understand your craziness Tom." I stretched the last word.

"She is amazing and sweet girl. I can't believe it's her after all this time." He continued blabbing.

"Did her wolf and yours confirm it?" I cut him for a moment.

"Yeah we decided to shift at the lake and that's when I felt our bond and her scent finally came to me." He verified.

"How does it feel I meant the signs?" I want to get some pointers from him.

"It's really mind blowing the spark when we touch and the intensity of longing when we kiss. I wanted to claim her now but she needs to tell her Dad and her brother first." His smile faded.

"You don't need their consent in marking her you're both on the right age and Uncle Steve will understand it. As Dad's Beta He knows how this mate and claiming works." I gave him encouragement.

"I know but still I don't want to have any problems with her family especially to Kalvin. You know how protective they are to her." He explained away.

"I'm sure you will find ways to make them like you. I'm really happy for you and your mate man." I pat his shoulder.

"Anyway why are you suddenly interested with Ashley? I'm telling you Kaylin will kill me if you do something bad to her friend. And as her brother I will not hesitate to strangle you if you hurt my sister." He threatened me.

"I don't intend to do anything I just want to get to know her more and befriend. I was really harsh on her and want to make amends." I defer.

"Fine if you're really serious I'll give you heads up about her basic info but don't tell her I did. She is working at Patisserie Valerie at the out skirts in town and staying at Kaylin's flat for six two years since it's near her workplace than the orphanage." He caves in.

"Maybe visiting her at work after school since we rarely see each other that could be my chance." I suggested to myself.

"Ashley is a reserved type of person and only trust few people. She can be tough outside bit inside she is very fragile. So if you want to get close to her you'll have to be patient." He informed me.

"Thanks it means a lot I will surely take note of that. I hope Ashley forgives me so we can all move." I sat on his bed.

"She will I bet on it just don't hurt her." He advised me.

"I have no intentions to." I shook my head as no.

"Anyway your birthday is coming are you ready to find your mate?" He reminds me the upcoming days.

"Of course! I'm excited to know who she is." I smiled.

'We have two weeks to do it.' I am determined.

'I'll help you out promise.' My wolf vouched.

"I hope she's from our pack so you didn't have to go at the neighboring pack." He put his shirt on hamper.

"By the way have you spoken with Damien about what Danica did?" He changed the topic.

"I haven't got the time I was at the school's parking lot waiting for Ashley then I talked to the nurse about her condition." I slipped the words.

"For mending dues you sure are doing so much. Don't get me wrong man I do like this side of you but when I recall the old times you don't pay her attention. Only thing matter to you is Danica and bullying Ashley was always your forte." His forehead creased.

"Honestly I don't know why I bullied her and went along with Danica. It's like she possessed power with words that I can't fight. Now all I feel is hatred towards her." I admit.

"I can never tolerate her wickedness. She is a bitch and deserves to be punished." He gets riled up.

"I guarantee you she will be put in her place if she even dares to do it again." I gave my word to him.

Imarched towards his door and called out goodnight. Soon I hit the sack with contentment.   

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine